Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Korbel? Who the heck buys Korbel to celebrate this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korbel? Who the heck buys Korbel to celebrate this?

The Cubs wanted to pop some corks in the city where their volcanic manager is still revered for blowing his cork and leading the Reds to a World Series championship in 1990. He stayed as serene as those 30 cases of Korbel California champagne stored in a room off the visitors' clubhouse, purchased earlier in the day from a local distributor.
    Out of all the sparklers and champagne they could get they go for a $10 bottle of champagne?

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    Out of all the sparklers and champagne they could get they go for a $10 bottle of champagne?
    korbel? its good stuff, IMO.

do you know how much 30 CASES of champagne can cost? much more expensive than 30 cases of beer, thats for sure.

Comment

Yes it would cost about $3,000.

The Cubs by making the playoffs have just guranteed the Cubs another 6 million dollars in revenue and that is only 1 round of playoffs. Then throw in the fact that by winning this year the Cubs not only stayed sold out all through out this year but guarantee that they will stay sold out next year. By making the playoffs the Cubs players have probably increased revenue by anywhere from 10 to 30 million dollars over the next calendar year.

I think the Tribune could have sprung for champagne that cost more then Korbel and doesn't care the stigma of cheapness like Korbel.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
        Yes it would cost about $3,000.

The Cubs by making the playoffs have just guranteed the Cubs another 6 million dollars in revenue and that is only 1 round of playoffs. Then throw in the fact that by winning this year the Cubs not only stayed sold out all through out this year but guarantee that they will stay sold out next year. By making the playoffs the Cubs players have probably increased revenue by anywhere from 10 to 30 million dollars over the next calendar year.

I think the Tribune could have sprung for champagne that cost more then Korbel and doesn't care the stigma of cheapness like Korbel.
        i'd rather they waste decent champagne than the really good stuff. Good champagne is a nectar of the gods.

if all you are going to do is spray it all around, theres no reason to go anything over korbel. anything more expensive is alcohol abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
          i'd rather they waste decent champagne than the really good stuff. Good champagne is a nectar of the gods.

if all you are going to do is spray it all around, theres no reason to go anything over korbel. anything more expensive is alcohol abuse.
          Agreed. Personally, I'm putting a bottle of Piper-Heidsieck in the fridge tomorrow, just in case.

Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

What's the word?

THUNDERBIRD!

Seriously, you wanna work your way up with the increasing magnitude of the accomplishments, from the Division to the LCS to the WS.

Example: when the Yanks finally clinched a playoff spot/Wild Card spot, the younger players celebrated with some bubbly, but the veterans like Jeter, etc, held a private soiree with some liver, fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Word out of Philly is that Cholly had some White Lightning smuggled into the lockerrom from West Virginia, just in case ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ytown Tribe fan View Post
              What's the word?

THUNDERBIRD!

Seriously, you wanna work your way up with the increasing magnitude of the accomplishments, from the Division to the LCS to the WS.

Example: when the Yanks finally clinched a playoff spot/Wild Card spot, the younger players celebrated with some bubbly, but the veterans like Jeter, etc, held a private soiree with some liver, fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Word out of Philly is that Cholly had some White Lightning smuggled into the lockerrom from West Virginia, just in case ...
              I don't want a large farva.
              Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by Ytown Tribe fan View Post

That's hillarious. I live in Wv and you probably could get a jug of white lightning still these days....lol.

Comment

I live in Tennessee and could probably get you some after a few phone calls.
                  Your luck has expired. Please purchase new luck.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X