No announcement yet.

two days left--who are you rooting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two days left--who are you rooting for?

Presently I'm rooting for the Brewers and the Rockies, in hopes that they can give Jake Peavy an early vacation. I'm rooting also for the Phillies and the Marlins so Demp won't have to face the Mets again. And lastly, I'm rooting for the Pirates to win out against the Cards. There's not much justification for that one, but really, do I need any?
    Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

I hear the way this year's first round will be scheduled, a team can go with 3 starters. If that's the case, hands down don't want to see Padres or Phillies. Padres for their killer 1-2 punch, and Phillies because I don't want to see Hammels twice (both because he's good and because he's a lefty that's shut down the Cubs twice this year) or face their terrific lineup. Best matchup to me would be the Diamondbacks. No shut down starter after Webb, and lousy offense. We would match up well against the Mets too, relatively speaking.
    To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Yes, Arizona is definitely our best option. If we can get by with three starters, do you take Hill or Marquis? I take Hill any day of the week.
      Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
        Yes, Arizona is definitely our best option. If we can get by with three starters, do you take Hill or Marquis? I take Hill any day of the week.
        Definitely Hill against Arizona. I didn't look up the other teams, but Arizona doesn't hit lefties better than they hit righties.
        To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X