The Mets Killed the Goat..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mets Killed the Goat..

The goat is now dead.. Bartman has moved to Shea and the Cubbies are going to the WS for the first time since 1945!!!

Given everything that has happened over the last few weeks...

Cubs losing while and the Brewers managing a complete collapse...
    The Mets suffering the most complete collapse in recent history...
    The Cubs playing Dbacks for nlds (We match up real nice)
    The Padres in a one game playoff with Rockies..(Peavy not be available till later in the NLDS if they win at all)

It looks like it may just be our year. The baseball gods must be wearing Cubbie Blue..

What does Peavy not being available until later in the NLDS have to do with the Cubs?

Comment

Originally posted by otis89 View Post
      What does Peavy not being available until later in the NLDS have to do with the Cubs?

I think he's implying that Peavy is the pitcher that gives them the best chance to win in a single game, and he's not rested, which diminishes their chances.

Our easiest path to the WS would be through Arizona and Colorado, but I don't imagine Colorado would beat Philly (assuming they beat SD first).

New scary thought: Marquis pitching to Colorado, in Colorado.
      Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
        I think he's implying that Peavy is the pitcher that gives them the best chance to win in a single game, and he's not rested, which diminishes their chances.

Our easiest path to the WS would be through Arizona and Colorado, but I don't imagine Colorado would beat Philly (assuming they beat SD first).

New scary thought: Marquis pitching to Colorado, in Colorado.
        Marquis has actually come up with some of his best games right when the Cubs needed him most.

Comment

Marquis has actually come up with some of his best games right when the Cubs needed him most.
          He sure looked awful yesterday.

Comment

Had the Pads won, He would have had regular rest for game 1 on the NLDS. Now we won't be able to pitch in game one. He won't be ready to pitch in the NLDS till Saturday, unless they bring him back on 3 days rest on Thurs. Could give an advantage to Philly.

I don't know about you, but I would rather face philly than the Pads. Who knows, the baseball gods might really shine down on us and let Col win.

Comment

Originally posted by cpomeroy View Post
              Had the Pads won, He would have had regular rest for game 1 on the NLDS. Now we won't be able to pitch in game one. He won't be ready to pitch in the NLDS till Saturday, unless they bring him back on 3 days rest on Thurs. Could give an advantage to Philly.

I don't know about you, but I would rather face philly than the Pads. Who knows, the baseball gods might really shine down on us and let Col win.
              worry about the second round when it comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
                He sure looked awful yesterday.
                But did the Cubs really need him to pitch well yesterday? That game was meaningless.

Comment

But did the Cubs really need him to pitch well yesterday? That game was meaningless.
                  Yes, they needed him to pitch well yesterday, because the team he's about to face is better than the one he just faced. Posting a 53.73 ERA and and having to be pulled in your tuneup outing doesn't bode well for your postseason chances. As much as it pains me to say anything positive about the Cards, they just might have had Marquis pegged right.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
                    Yes, they needed him to pitch well yesterday, because the team he's about to face is better than the one he just faced. Posting a 53.73 ERA and and having to be pulled in your tuneup outing doesn't bode well for your postseason chances. As much as it pains me to say anything positive about the Cards, they just might have had Marquis pegged right.
                    his outing yesterday didnt mean much in and of itself. keeping him fresh is important. but dempster also got rocked. i put as much stock in yesterdays game as I do a spring training game. the importance of the games are equal since they clinched.

i'm more worried based on his other outings.

of course, it'd be nice if they didnt need to worry about his spot.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
                      Did anyone hear whether Lou will pitch Zambrano on short rest for game 4? If he does, we probably won't see Marquis start the division series, since Lilly would pitch on full rest, and presumably Hill is the third.
                      To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
                        his outing yesterday didnt mean much in and of itself. keeping him fresh is important. but dempster also got rocked. i put as much stock in yesterdays game as I do a spring training game. the importance of the games are equal since they clinched.

i'm more worried based on his other outings.

Dempster's outing yesterday made my job as a Dempster shill a whole lot more difficult. Up until then I could justify his ERA and WHIP by taking out those three Mets games. Now it's bad either way. I still have a lot of faith in him though. I don't have much faith in Marquis though.

Comment

Yeah, but it really scares me to see him pitch anytime as it has all year long. I haven't seen his #'s for Sept 2007, but I bet they aren't pretty.

Comment

Yeah, but it really scares me to see him pitch anytime as it has all year long. I haven't seen his #'s for Sept 2007, but I bet they aren't pretty.
                            6.21 ERA (5.23 before Sunday's debacle), 1.56 WHIP (1.43 before), and if I recall correctly, nada at the dish.

Comment

He had a 6.21 ERA in September. Here are all his appearances in September.

9-1: 6.2 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
                              9-6: 7 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
                              9-11: 5 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
                              9-16: 6.1 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
                              9-21: 2.2 IP, 8 H, 7 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
                              9-26: 5 IP, 9 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
                              9-30: 0.2 IP, 4 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 2 K

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X