No announcement yet.

The Mets Killed the Goat..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not against sitting Maquis in favor of someone else, but the other options aren't great. It would have to then be either Marshall or Trachsel. Although Marshall's the best of the three, not sure you really want to have 3 out of 4 starters be lefties, especially since Hill and Marshall are similar pitchers. Between Trachsel adn Marquis, it's basically pick your poison.

Of these bad choices, I'd go with Marshall.
    To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
      I'm not against sitting Maquis in favor of someone else, but the other options aren't great. It would have to then be either Marshall or Trachsel. Although Marshall's the best of the three, not sure you really want to have 3 out of 4 starters be lefties, especially since Hill and Marshall are similar pitchers. Between Trachsel adn Marquis, it's basically pick your poison.

Of these bad choices, I'd go with Marshall.
      I would go with Marshall over Marquis if he were still stretched out and tuned up, which he isn't.

I would go with Les Walrond over Trachsel.
      Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

I can hear Mama Cass singing "Dream a Little Dream For Me".
        Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Yeah, I guess we do not have a big difference in our options...ughh.

Comment

Originally posted by otis89 View Post
            He had a 6.21 ERA in September. Here are all his appearances in September.

9-1: 6.2 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
            9-6: 7 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
            9-11: 5 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
            9-16: 6.1 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
            9-21: 2.2 IP, 8 H, 7 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
            9-26: 5 IP, 9 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
            9-30: 0.2 IP, 4 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
            so basically he had 1 awful start, 2 mediocre (1 of those you could call bad), and 3 good starts.

throw out the tuneup on sunday. If you are considering him for a #4 spot, base him on his 6 starts, not some meaningless tuneup that is designed to just keep him fresh. his ERA in those 6 starts was 5.23

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
              so basically he had 1 awful start, 2 mediocre (1 of those you could call bad), and 3 good starts.

throw out the tuneup on sunday. If you are considering him for a #4 spot, base him on his 6 starts, not some meaningless tuneup that is designed to just keep him fresh. his ERA in those 6 starts was 5.23
              Yeah, and I assume Lou will be smart enough to keep Marshall in the pen, so if Marquis tanks hardcore we've always got an inning eater to come in and right the ship.
              Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X