No announcement yet.

Barrett's errant play at the plate....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett's errant play at the plate....

....just cost the Padres the game....and is exactly why I don't want to see Jason Kendall in the playoffs.
    Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Holliday never touched the plate. He blocked the plate very well.
    Last edited by Westlake; 10-01-2007, 09:10 PM.
    Originally posted by Domenic
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
      Holliday never touched the plate. He blocked the play very well.
      What a blown call by that umpire. It was clear as day that Holliday never touched the plate. It's actually a shame that game like this has to end with Blown call.
      Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

"There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

Comment

I agree, Barrett did a GREAT job blocking the plate.

I was pulling for the Rockies to win, but as said above, it is a shame that they won on such a bad call at the plate.
        BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by Disgruntaledmarinerfan View Post
          What a blown call by that umpire. It was clear as day that Holliday never touched the plate. It's actually a shame that game like this has to end with Blown call.
          no it wasnt clear that it was a blown call. at all. in hindsight, yes it looked like it was the wrong call. but thats the benefit of replay. Seeing the fullspeed shot from behind the plate, it looks like he very well could be safe. It isnt until you start seeing different angles on SLOW MOTION REPLAY that you see he was out. We have the benefit of that. The umpires dont.

Comment

Blocking the plate is only half the equation. At some point you also need to have the ball in your hand and apply the tag. I agree that the call was errant, but my point here is that Barrett needed to catch that ball, not deflect it. It's exactly the same thing I'd expect to see from Kendall. By the time Barrett locates that ball and picks it up, the ump is already making the call.

Comment

Okay, so Barrett makes a correctable mistake and the umpire makes an uncorrectable one and Barrett is the villain?? I smell another agenda at work here.
              Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
                Okay, so Barrett makes a correctable mistake and the umpire makes an uncorrectable one and Barrett is the villain?? I smell another agenda at work here.
                I agree!

Barrett is no longer a Cub, there is no reason to have this thread here...
                BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by RBi View Post
                  I agree!

Barrett is no longer a Cub, there is no reason to have this thread here...
                  Actually I was never anti-Barrett in the slightest. I'm making reference to catchers playing poor defense and costing teams important games. This thread is about Jason Kendall.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X