Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 NLDS Roster Set - Game one lineup posted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 NLDS Roster Set - Game one lineup posted.

Here is the lineup for game one:

LF Alfonso Soriano
    SS Ryan Theriot
    1B Derrek Lee
    RF Cliff Floyd
    3B Aramis Ramirez
    2B Mark DeRosa
    CF Jacque Jones
    C Geovany Soto
    P Carlos Zambrano

25 Man Roster:

Pitchers:
    Ryan Dempster
    Scott Eyre
    Kevin Hart
    Rich Hill
    Bob Howry
    Ted Lilly
    Carlos Marmol
    Jason Marquis
    Kerry Wood
    Michael Wuertz
    Carlos Zambrano

Catchers:
    Jason Kendall
    Geovany Soto

Infielders:
    Ronny Cedeno
    Mark DeRosa
    Mike Fontenot
    Derrek Lee
    Aramis Ramirez
    Ryan Theriot
    Daryle Ward

Outfielders:

Cliff Floyd
    Jacque Jones
    Matt Murton
    Felix Pie
    Alfonso Soriano
    BELIEVE

Wow. Somebody got jacked there.

EDIT: Maybe not. From the Cubs's website:

Marshall will pitch for the Cubs in Mesa, Ariz., at their instructional league to get stretched out if the team advances to the next round of the playoffs, Hendry said.
    Using the term "stretched out" makes me wonder if they're planning on giving him a start over Marquis.
    Last edited by nathanKent; 10-02-2007, 10:44 PM.
    Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

marshall never had a legit shot at the roster.

im glad ohman isnt on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
        marshall never had a legit shot at the roster.

im glad ohman isnt on the roster.
        I agree, who would be left off to make a spot for Marshall?
        BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by RBi View Post
          Either Hart, because he hasn't played enough to be sure of his worth, or Fontenot, because we have 3 players that can play 2nd base.

My only quibble with today's lineup, and it's a minor one, is that I would start Cedeno over the slumping Theriot because of Cedeno's defense and pop with the bat. Not saying it's a clear choice between the two, but that's probably the only thing I would do differently.
          To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Originally posted by RBi View Post
            Hart. The guy has almost no MLB experience and is putting up fluke numbers because he hasn't had enough innings to come down to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
              Hart. The guy has almost no MLB experience and is putting up fluke numbers because he hasn't had enough innings to come down to earth.

I sure hope you are wrong. But if it were me making out the roster and the lineup, I wouldn't have done anything different. I think Theriot will surprise some people. He always seems to come throught at the right time.

Comment

i'd trust hart over marshall in any relief role.

Comment

i'd trust hart over marshall in any relief role.
                  Why? Marshall has 1 1/2 seasons MLB experience (versus 11 innings), led the starters in ERA, and hasn't given up a run as a reliever yet. The NLDS is not the place to test a guy out.

Comment

Why? Marshall has 1 1/2 seasons MLB experience (versus 11 innings), led the starters in ERA, and hasn't given up a run as a reliever yet. The NLDS is not the place to test a guy out.
                    try telling that to the angels in 2002.

Comment

I'm with you Nate, Marshall has much much more MLB experience, Dusty threw him to the fire last year when he was healthy and he's pitched well this year in all spots thrown. The only thing I can think of is that the Cubs feel the scouting reports on Hart are minimal and he'll suprise hitters with his his fastball/slider combo during his one inning stints. No one really knows what Hart has in one inning stints, not the opponents and not the Cubs, all we have is what we he did in a very small sample size. Let's just hope he keeps some control while under the biggest spotlight possible, his achillies heel in his career.
                      What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                      Line Drive: .356
                      HBP: .342
                      Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                      Intentional Walk: .176
                      Outfield Fly: .035
                      Groundball: -.101
                      Bunts: -.103
                      Infield Fly: -.243
                      Strikeout: -.287
                      It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

I in know your not trying to compar KROD to Hart, because thats not even close. If you want that comparision, it's be more like Marmol as KROD was something very special in the minors, and the A's made up an injury to get him on the roster.
                        What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                        Line Drive: .356
                        HBP: .342
                        Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                        Intentional Walk: .176
                        Outfield Fly: .035
                        Groundball: -.101
                        Bunts: -.103
                        Infield Fly: -.243
                        Strikeout: -.287
                        It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Lackey had more than 11 innings in the bigs before the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
                            I in know your not trying to compar KROD to Hart, because thats not even close. If you want that comparision, it's be more like Marmol as KROD was something very special in the minors, and the A's made up an injury to get him on the roster.
                            no, i'm not comparing them as players. but sometimes you have to take gambles in the playoffs. and K-rod was very unproven that year. if you remember back to that time, no one really knew anything about him.

realistically, marshall wouldnt have been used unless there was some bad juju going on in that game. Ideally, hart wont be used unless the cubs have like a 10 run lead in some game.

Comment

no, i'm not comparing them as players. but sometimes you have to take gambles in the playoffs. and K-rod was very unproven that year. if you remember back to that time, no one really knew anything about him.

realistically, marshall wouldnt have been used unless there was some bad juju going on in that game. Ideally, hart wont be used unless the cubs have like a 10 run lead in some game.
                              But if Marquis pitches in the NLCS, we'd better have someone behind him who can come in and cover for him when he spots the Phils a 5-spot in the 2nd. Besides, Marshall has earned the right to be on this playoff team. He's not Shawn Estes.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X