Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 NLDS Roster Set - Game one lineup posted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
    no, i'm not comparing them as players. but sometimes you have to take gambles in the playoffs. and K-rod was very unproven that year. if you remember back to that time, no one really knew anything about him.

realistically, marshall wouldnt have been used unless there was some bad juju going on in that game. Ideally, hart wont be used unless the cubs have like a 10 run lead in some game.
    The only people who didn't know about KRod were boobs who don't follow baseball. The kid was untouchable and burned through the minors, with huge talk surrounding him.

Hart is the last pitcher on the roster, I'd still rather have a pitcher who can reliably go multiple innings; and if he's left handed even better.
    What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
    Line Drive: .356
    HBP: .342
    Non-Intentional Walk: .315
    Intentional Walk: .176
    Outfield Fly: .035
    Groundball: -.101
    Bunts: -.103
    Infield Fly: -.243
    Strikeout: -.287
    It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
      The only people who didn't know about KRod were boobs who don't follow baseball. The kid was untouchable and burned through the minors, with huge talk surrounding him.

Hart is the last pitcher on the roster, I'd still rather have a pitcher who can reliably go multiple innings; and if he's left handed even better.
      kerry wood, wuertz, and marquis can all go longer than one inning. so can eyre if pressed. so can hart. if you need a guy to go longer than 2 innings, you're in trouble anyways.

you're right, that hart doesnt compare to krod. (not that tearing up the minors is any guarantee of keeping it up in the show)

Comment

Marshall had a good minor career with an ERA of 2.62 in his career with a WHIP of 1.14. This year in the minors, Marshall had a 2.05 ERA with a 1.08 WHIP. Marshall also started hot this year, with an ERA of 2.44 through the first 44.1 innings as a starting pitcher.

Hart didn't do as well in the minors, with a lifetime of 4.35 ERA and 1.40 WHIP. Even this year, Hart's minor league ERA was 3.54. Despite his success, he's only pitched 11 innings so far in relief. We've seen plenty of Cubs relief pitchers flame out quickly after a hot start. Wellemeyer and Leicester are 2 recent relief pitchers I can think of off the top of my head that got off to a very hot start for even more innings, only to fizzle eventually.

Anything's possible in the short run, but the smart money would be that Marshall will be far more productive going forward (certainly in the long run), and that Hart will not come close to keeping up what he's doing.
        To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
          kerry wood, wuertz, and marquis can all go longer than one inning. so can eyre if pressed. so can hart. if you need a guy to go longer than 2 innings, you're in trouble anyways.
          Well it's game 2 and Lilly is gone after 3 1/3, someone or someones need to come up big and pitch multi-innings.
          What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
          Line Drive: .356
          HBP: .342
          Non-Intentional Walk: .315
          Intentional Walk: .176
          Outfield Fly: .035
          Groundball: -.101
          Bunts: -.103
          Infield Fly: -.243
          Strikeout: -.287
          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
            Well it's game 2 and Lilly is gone after 3 1/3, someone or someones need to come up big and pitch multi-innings.
            and they have a day off to recover. and as i also said, if they needed something like that, they were in trouble anyways

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X