Game One Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game One Thread!

Who will be online while the game is in progress?
    BELIEVE

I forgot my laptop at work, and the TV is downstairs (wife won't let me watch from the bedroom at that hour), so I won't be actively posting tonight during the game, except maybe a couple during breaks.
    To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

I'm ready to go.

Let's get pumped for that Red Sox/Cubs WS coming to a town near you soon.
      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I'll be watching the game downstairs with my dad so during commercials I'll get on.

Come on Cubbies

Comment

Soriano grounder on the 1st pitch, Jones walked and Lee hitting right now...
          "Back before I injured my hip, I thought going to the gym was for wimps."
          Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
          Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
          Bo Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by The Splendid Splinter View Post
            Soriano grounder on the 1st pitch, Jones walked and Lee hitting right now...
            glad to have ya!
            lee down swingin..
            BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by RBi View Post
              glad to have ya!
              lee down swingin..
              yeah i wish i was there... looks like wrigley field, mostly all cubs fans... that's just downright sad for the dbacks.

now Z man is pitching... give up a hit
              Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
              Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
              Bo Jackson

Comment

with this dback team, a single will nearly always turn into a double against us.
                BELIEVE

Comment

Chris Young got a grounder, then stole second. Drew struck out... Byrnes up to bat...

Z's stuff looks alright, not his best but the movement is good. Can't always go by the 1st inning, gotta wait til about the 3rd inning or so...
                  Bo Jackson

Bo Jackson

Bo Jackson

Comment

falling behind 3-0 to two batters makes for a rather short night..

even if he gets out of these jams.. his count keeps climbing.

That 3-1 pitch to Clark was a sick pitch!
                    BELIEVE

Comment

Byrnes grounded to Riot for the 2nd out... Clark struck out. Z's 2nd K. his 2 seamer to make it full count was just nasty... and 96 mph.
                      Bo Jackson

Bo Jackson

Bo Jackson

Comment

falling behind 3-0 to two batters makes for a rather short night..

even if he gets out of these jams.. his count keeps climbing.

That 3-1 pitch to Clark was a sick pitch!
                        man... you beat me to it...
                        Bo Jackson

Bo Jackson

Bo Jackson

Comment

Augie Ojeda is the dbacks 2B? He'll get a standing O in Chicago.
                          What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                          Line Drive: .356
                          HBP: .342
                          Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                          Intentional Walk: .176
                          Outfield Fly: .035
                          Groundball: -.101
                          Bunts: -.103
                          Infield Fly: -.243
                          Strikeout: -.287
                          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
                            Augie Ojeda is the dbacks 2B? He'll get a standing O in Chicago.
                            Nice lineup they have eh?

They have a way of winning tho.
                            BELIEVE

Comment

Nice lineup they have eh?

They have a way of winning tho.
                              I don't know about that, Webb looks sick out there. We need to make him work more and not keep swinging at good pitcher's pitches.
                              What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                              Line Drive: .356
                              HBP: .342
                              Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                              Intentional Walk: .176
                              Outfield Fly: .035
                              Groundball: -.101
                              Bunts: -.103
                              Infield Fly: -.243
                              Strikeout: -.287
                              It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X