No announcement yet.

Game One Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a better show than I expected from Zambrano and pretty much exactly what I expected from our offense. At least Marmol is getting the bugs out in game 1.
    Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
      damned straight they are annoying. i hate them. i dislike cook quite a bit.
      DARNIT!

ahhh well, we need to win tomorrow. pretty much the bottom line. Zambrano pitched pretty well today. webb just pitched a bit better.

Comment

Webb is an outstanding pitcher. That takes nothing away from Zambrano though. He gave us a great outing and was probably our best hitter tonight too. Tomorrow's matchup suits us better.
        Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

If we face Webb again, I'd probably start Murton for his patience at the plate despite the fact he's a righty. Be nice to work Ward in there as well against Webb, but then we'd have no centerfielder.
          To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

i dont know that i can blame lou for pulling zambrano. putting in marmol? hes been lights out all year. didnt work out tonight, but as lou said postgame. you arent going to win if you only score one run on 4 hits.

that was the story of the game. Webb was able to wiggle off the hook when in trouble.

Comment

No Pay for Bad Base Running

One play that may have changed the game was with 1 out, PH Connor Jackson flew out to CF Jaque Jones. As Chris Snider tagged 3B in an attempt to score, Jones throw to home was off line. I was wondering why Augie Ojeda didn't advance from 2B. During the replay, I saw Ojeda didn't return to 2B immediately and Jones could've doubled him off at 2B, negating Snider's run, if Jones hadn't already made up his mind to throw home.
              In the 1920's, Harry Heilmann led the AL with a .364 average. In addition, he averaged 220 hits, 45 doubles, 12 triples, 16 homers, 110 runs, and 130 RBI.

Comment

I wouldn't of pulled Zambrano so early when he was pitching so well. And I'd be saying the same thing even if the strategy had worked..I'd just be saying it in a better mood.

But what Lilly's record after a Cubs' loss? 10-1 or something? Tomorrow is ours

Comment

Looking back, I think I would have pinch hit for Zambrano when the bases were loaded even though Z hit the ball well 2 out of 3 AB's.

Comment

Maybe if Marmol had a third pitch that he can throw for a strike, such as a straight changeup, the hitter wouldn't have been able to sit on a fastball at 2-0 after seeing Marmol struggle with the slider. I'm not being critical of him--just noting where he could improve.
                    Last edited by Scartissue; 10-04-2007, 07:44 AM.
                    To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

If we would have won that game I would have been very happy. Game 1 was the one game that the D'Backs should win...as long as we don't face Webb we have the upper hand. We have been killing lefties (Doug Davis) and Lilly has been great for us esp. following Cub's losses, so we can tie it up tonight and then go back to Wrigley to finish the job.

Comment

Hope you are right. Davis only gave up 1 run on 6 hits last time he faced us. Not real sure why Lou pulled big Z last night, he only had 85 pitches. I thought it was a bad move when he did it and even worse when they scored. Also I was surprise Lou let Big z swing away with no out and a runner on second. Seems like he should have laid down a bunt move the guys over, because Soriano hit a long fly that would have scored another run. Oh well, lets get em tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
                          Augie Ojeda is the dbacks 2B? He'll get a standing O in Chicago.
                          Ah, how I regret that statement. He's been an Eckstein/Lemke type player much like Theriot.
                          What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                          Line Drive: .356
                          HBP: .342
                          Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                          Intentional Walk: .176
                          Outfield Fly: .035
                          Groundball: -.101
                          Bunts: -.103
                          Infield Fly: -.243
                          Strikeout: -.287
                          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X