Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This hurts...

Comment

2 1/2 hours and we're still in the bottom of the 5th. Anybody know what the record is for longest game notwithstanding extra innings or weather delays?
      Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

I'm sick. I cannot believe we are playing like this.

Comment

I love how the announcers have mentioned both nights that Ward has been our best PH. FAIL!

Comment

Make that two nights in a row now that I make mention of a player's shortcomings at the plate only to have him knock in a run seconds later. If I were a superstitious man I'd keep this up for every batter....

Comment

Can someone please tell Pat Hughes from WGN radio that not every Cub ball hit to the outfield needs to be announced as if it's a would-be homer that - ah shucks - got caught near the warning track.

My heart can't take it.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
                Make that two nights in a row now that I make mention of a player's shortcomings at the plate only to have him knock in a run seconds later. If I were a superstitious man I'd keep this up for every batter....
                can you please run down the lineup for saturday's game and roast each player before the first pitch?

that might help...
                BELIEVE

Comment

I'm not ready to give up but I hate this feeling right now

Comment

Originally posted by RBi View Post
                    can you please run down the lineup for saturday's game and roast each player before the first pitch?

that might help...
                    If Jason Kendall is slated to start, no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawon-o-Meter View Post
                      I'm not ready to give up but I hate this feeling right now
                      I'm reminded of two baseball quotes today, "the game isn't over til it's over" by Berra. And "if there was any magic formula, it was getting to pitch every fourth day" by Sandy Koufax.

It's time to pray that Hill comes up big for us or Lou looks even more moronic for saving Zman for a Game 4 that doesn't happen.
                      What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                      Line Drive: .356
                      HBP: .342
                      Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                      Intentional Walk: .176
                      Outfield Fly: .035
                      Groundball: -.101
                      Bunts: -.103
                      Infield Fly: -.243
                      Strikeout: -.287
                      It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
                        Damn you Theriot, as my high school coach would say, hit the weight room boy. You'll turn that warning track power into homers.
                        Of qualified SS, Theriot has only outslugged Vizquel and Punto, and only Pena and Punto have fewer home runs.
                        To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X