Game 3 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MudvilleMike View Post
    I feel bad for the Cubs fans...sorry guys. MLB and TBS are also bumming, I'm sure.
    they'll really be bumming if the rox pull off the sweep themselves

Comment

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
      Anybody who was watching this care to comment on how bad Hill looked? I didn't see it.
      Also, if you ever want to see pitch by pitch speed, location, break, MLB has an awsome site. Go to

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/wrap.jsp?ymd...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Click on the link "Gameday", which is at the where the box scores begin (box scores begin in the bottom half of the page). When you click on Gameday, a screen will pop up with a graphic of a batter. Look to the left, and you will see the innings numbered. Click on the first inning, and you will see below the innings numbers a batter by batter summary. Click on each batter, and you will see all the pitches thrown to that batter in the graphic. Move your mouse cursor over the pitch in the graphic, and detailed information about that pitch, such as speed from release and speed at the plate, will pop up.
      Last edited by Scartissue; 10-07-2007, 05:02 AM.
      To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
        he didnt look good. but then again, neither did hernandez for the most part. the difference being 4 DP's
        That was piss poor hitting that scored only 1 run, and not Hernandez.
        To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
          That was piss poor hitting that scored only 1 run, and not Hernandez.
          hernandez was on the ropes plenty of times yesterday, but as you said, piss poor hitting let him off the hook

Comment

Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
            Also, if you ever want to see pitch by pitch speed, location, break, MLB has an awsome site. Go to

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/wrap.jsp?ymd...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Click on the link "Gameday", which is at the where the box scores begin (box scores begin in the bottom half of the page). When you click on Gameday, a screen will pop up with a graphic of a batter. Look to the left, and you will see the innings numbered. Click on the first inning, and you will see below the innings numbers a batter by batter summary. Click on each batter, and you will see all the pitches thrown to that batter in the graphic. Move your mouse cursor over the pitch in the graphic, and detailed information about that pitch, such as speed from release and speed at the plate, will pop up.
            Yeah, I know about Gameday. I use it to watch the CSN and WCIU games, but it's a bear to get it to run at a reasonable speed to go back and track pitch location afterwards.

This is all the result of poor plate discipline. We don't have a lack of capability on offense. It's guys not knowing how to draw walks, not knowing when to draw walks, swinging on bad pitches, not swinging at good pitches, etc. This is how one of the guys described it on my football forum:

Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X