Mark Cuban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Cuban

With all the rumors going around I thought i ask wether you want him to own the cubs.
    Trusted Traders: Nerfan Dalkowski110

Originally posted by psbaseballfan27 View Post
    With all the rumors going around I thought i ask wether you want him to own the cubs.
    Old topic around here but consensus is that most Cubs fans want him. Still his biggest obstacle is to overcome a vote from the owners. Financially owning the Cubs would be a good move, the Cubs are a team (Dodgers in there too) that rivals the Yankees in popularity on a global scale. Many experts feel the Cubs aren't tapping into their revenue stream as much as they could especially if they put out a competitive team. Every year the Cubs are in the playoffs, ratings spike.
    Last edited by Bob Sacamento; 10-15-2007, 08:11 PM.
    What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
    Line Drive: .356
    HBP: .342
    Non-Intentional Walk: .315
    Intentional Walk: .176
    Outfield Fly: .035
    Groundball: -.101
    Bunts: -.103
    Infield Fly: -.243
    Strikeout: -.287
    It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

I say 100% yes. We could finally have an owner that would be set on winning championships, not only there to sell tickets and items. Players, in my estimation, would also want to play for an owner/ownership like that. In all fairness, this year has been great for me, even though we got swept out of the playoffs.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Cuban-type owners, but I'll say this much--we have a better chance of landing ARod with Cuban or someone like him than we do with a more typical owner. Might be one of the reasons Cuban won't be allowed to be an owner.
        To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

^ Yup...pretty much.

I'd love to have Cuban but for all the reasons I want him are the same reason we won't get him

Comment

His name is eluding right now, but the previous owner of the Diamondback will get the nod.

Comment

Mark Cuban would be a great owner because he cares. The closest comparison I could make would be Arte Moreno from the LA Angels.

The reason he won't be the new Cubs owner is that he would not be part of the 'good ol boys club'. He would speak his mind and he would not be afraid to spend money to bring quality ball to Chicago year after year. The other owners would not want this because it would make them look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by cubmanjay View Post

The reason he won't be the new Cubs owner is that he would not be part of the 'good ol boys club'. He would speak his mind and he would not be afraid to spend money to bring quality ball to Chicago year after year. The other owners would not want this because it would make them look bad.
                Isn't that some bs. They shouldn't be allowed to be that way. It really sickens me.

Comment

Originally posted by cubmanjay View Post
                  Mark Cuban would be a great owner because he cares. The closest comparison I could make would be Arte Moreno from the LA Angels.

Exactly... Cuban is best for Cubs baseball. Which in turn, makes him great for the game of baseball... Too bad baseball wont see in that way, and he wont get the gig.
                  100 Years is long enough

Comment

I would love to see Cuban buy the Cubs. He would spend like the Yankees and Red Sox and players would love to play for him, but there is no way the owners vote him into there good ol' boy network. THAT SUCKS!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X