X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scartissue
    • Jun 2006

Possible Japanese offseason target for Cubs

See link below for discussion of a possible free agent acquisition target for the Cubs.

To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.
  • nathanKent
    • May 2007

Call me crazy, but a 32-year old starting pitcher probably shouldn't be our priority with Zambrano, Lilly, Marquis, Hill, Marshall, Prior, Gallagher, Hart, Marmol, and Dempster.
    Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

• The Splendid Splinter
      Sweet Action Bo Jackson
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
      Call me crazy, but a 32-year old starting pitcher probably shouldn't be our priority with Zambrano, Lilly, Marquis, Hill, Marshall, Prior, Gallagher, Hart, Marmol, and Dempster.
      thank you... much rather go for a SS (thru a trade or signin A-Rod) or a OF or even maybe some bullpen help than going after this pitcher...
      "Back before I injured my hip, I thought going to the gym was for wimps."
      Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
      Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
      Bo Jackson

Comment

• The Splendid Splinter
        Sweet Action Bo Jackson
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
        thank you... much rather go for a SS (thru a trade or signin A-Rod) or a OF or even maybe some bullpen help than going after this pitcher...

also i've heard the Cubs offered him like 10 mil last offseason... does anybody know how many years was offered? cuz if it's like 3 or 4 years for 10 mil, then i would most likely do it then, but if it was 1 or 2 then no thanks...
        Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
        Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
        Bo Jackson

Comment

• cubmanjay
          • Feb 2005

I think everyone forgets that our pitching failed us in the playoffs. Yes we need a shortstop, but if we sign this guy than that frees up some trade bait from the rotation or just outside the rotation. We should be able to trade quality for quality.

Comment

• nathanKent
            • May 2007

Originally posted by cubmanjay View Post
            I think everyone forgets that our pitching failed us in the playoffs. Yes we need a shortstop, but if we sign this guy than that frees up some trade bait from the rotation or just outside the rotation. We should be able to trade quality for quality.
            Our pitching didn't fail us in the playoffs. Our everything failed us.
            Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

• Ubiquitous
              stats moderator
              • Aug 2005

Even if it were true that the reason we got swept was because of starting pitching one still has to accept the fact that a team has to play 162 games just to get to a 5 game series. And over 162 games our starting pitching was not the problem. It was the offense over 162 games that struggled and going into next year it does not look like it is going to be the pitching that will struggle over 162 games.

Cubs need offense not high priced pitching.

Comment

• emath2432
                100 years is long enough.
                • Oct 2007

This guy, at 32, is not the answer... One more arm in the pen might be a decent idea, but we have a few young guys that looked good this year...

Lets get a bat, and try to win this thing... I can't see Lee, and Ramirez having two down years in a row... Both hit well for average, but slipped in the power dept. I expect Ramirez to be back in the 35 homerun range next year, and Lee to be back near the 30 range... Soriano will be Soriano. Decent average, 30+ homeruns, and a .330-.340 OBP in the leadoff spot...(h )
                100 Years is long enough

Comment

• wrigleybum
                  • Nov 2006

How about another Japanese offseason target for the Cubs- Kosuke Fukudome. He is a left handed power hitting right fielder...if we are going to hit the Japanese market I much rather get Fukudome.

Comment

• The Splendid Splinter
                    Sweet Action Bo Jackson
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by wrigleybum View Post
                    How about another Japanese offseason target for the Cubs- Kosuke Fukudome. He is a left handed power hitting right fielder...if we are going to hit the Japanese market I much rather get Fukudome.
                    I would like to get him, but I think he will command like 10+ mil a year for 3-4 years. I'm not sure if the Cubs will go for him. He's fast, got a strong arm for RF, and he's a lefty who can hit for power (i would say mid 20s HRs). I think he would be good fit for the Cubs. If i had to predict what he would do in his first year, i would compare him to Hideki Matsui rookie year with more Ks with above average D.
                    Bo Jackson

Bo Jackson

Bo Jackson

Comment

• Westlake
                      • Jan 2007

What do you all think about either getting that minor league Japanese (I think he's Japanese) SS or Furcal from the Dodgers?
                      Originally posted by Domenic
                      The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X