Dusty Baker Wants Wood and Prior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusty Baker Wants Wood and Prior?

Come on, these two would have to be insane. He's part or most of the reason they've been hurt the past few years.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseb...usty26.article

Originally posted by Lipsander View Post
    Come on, these two would have to be insane. He's part or most of the reason they've been hurt the past few years.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseb...usty26.article
    He may want them, but he ain't getting them. If either hit free agency, someone else will outbid Cincy. Also, a hitters' park like Great American isn't the place a pitcher on the comeback trail would want. Prior's a Cali boy, so if he leaves, I expect him to fully explore a west coast team with a pitcher friendly design like Petco.

And I'm also not buying the idea that Prior will be nontendered just yet. It might eventually happen, but for a little over $2 million, Cubs get another project with high upside, something they've been willing to do in the past.
    Last edited by Scartissue; 10-26-2007, 02:15 PM.
    To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

There is absolutely no reason the Cubs should let Prior go. They finally proved they can survive without him, but since they finally figured out what was wrong with him and fixed it, what do they have to lose? You don't give up on a guy before he even pitches in a single game after recovering from surgery.

Comment

The thing about Wood and Prior is this... Now that the pressure to be the number 1, and 1A pitchers in our rotation are gone, let them just try to be pitchers at the ML level. Wood looked good once he got back into the BP later in the year... Give Prior a shot in the BP this next year, and see about the number 5 starter (if he stays healthy in 08) the following year... I don't think it's a good idea to push either one for the rotation this next season... I still believe Woody needs to stay in the pen for a few years (ala John Smotlz). Prior, on the other hand, needs a year in the pen, and then we can give him a shot at the bottom of the roto (less pressure to be the number one), kinda like the Cards did for Matt Morris back in '99/2000 (whichever it was).
        100 Years is long enough

Comment

If we get two cokes and a hot dog I say take it

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X