No announcement yet.

Andruw Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a tough quandary we have, everyone here is right on Andrew Jones or Fukudome, both have questions marks and aren't the perfect player.

Hendry is bound and determined to land a left-handed hitting outfielder, and we do need a lefty bat. I usually have opinions, but at a loss on what to do. I do know signing Kaz Matsui is a bad idea, save that money for someone else.

What is the talk about giving up for Carl Crawford? If I am Tampa Bay, I want the Cubs young pitching. I want Rich Hill, or I want Marmol, or I want Marshall and Jose Ceda. Trading Hill or Marmol probably wouldn't be worth it, and maybe that's why it's not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Pico View Post
      What is the talk about giving up for Carl Crawford? If I am Tampa Bay, I want the Cubs young pitching. I want Rich Hill, or I want Marmol, or I want Marshall and Jose Ceda. Trading Hill or Marmol probably wouldn't be worth it, and maybe that's why it's not happening.
      Tampa doesn't NEED to trade Crawford, they're taking bids to see if someone blows them away with multiple high impact young players, something the Cubs don't have. The Rays have no need for our young starting pitching, they have more and more high-end talent; The Rays have no need for our young outfielders, they have better ones. Tampa does like Carlos Marmol as a potential closer, but Marmol alone doesn't get the deal done or even close. Maybe Marmol AND Hill gets some wheels greasing but even that is unlikely.
      What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
      Line Drive: .356
      HBP: .342
      Non-Intentional Walk: .315
      Intentional Walk: .176
      Outfield Fly: .035
      Groundball: -.101
      Bunts: -.103
      Infield Fly: -.243
      Strikeout: -.287
      It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Original estimates (pretty old ones) on Fukudome estimated that he would sign for around $15 million total, or roughly $4 million per, for 4 years, which is the price that he would make sense for the Cubs. I wouldn't do it if it is in the range of $8-12 million per.
        The 15million total for 3years is what he's looking for in Japan. While for an American team to convince to move, current estimates have him requiring 24-36 million for a total of 3 guarenteed years.
        It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Hunter just agreed to 5/90 mill. He's 2 years older than Jones. A year ago, it was a certainty Jones would get more than whatever Hunter got. Then Hunter did exactly what a soon-to-be free agent hopes to do, have one of his best years with the stick, and Jones does the exact opposite of what a soon-to-be free agent does, a career worst year.

It's not a certainty, but Jones might still be in the same neighborhood as Jones. Then again, Angels are among the biggest spenders, and Jones didn't have the same buzz that Hunter did in the last few weeks. My guess is 5/75 mill for Jones, but I wouldn't be shocked if it were a lot higher or lower than that. His contract is really hard to predict.
          To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

The 2 yrs at 18 million per looks like a good deal for the Dodgers. Low commitment, and at the same per year as Hunter. I would have liked this deal for the Cubs. Rumor is Kemp is now available for a top starter. Doubt Hill fits that profile, but if he does, Kemp would be a good return.
            To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
              The 2 yrs at 18 million per looks like a good deal for the Dodgers. Low commitment, and at the same per year as Hunter. I would have liked this deal for the Cubs. Rumor is Kemp is now available for a top starter. Doubt Hill fits that profile, but if he does, Kemp would be a good return.
              The Dodgers still have options on Kemp, so they aren't pressed to deal him. Yet he has great value with his plus hitting and power and plus plate discipline. I really don't know if we have what it takes to make the Dodgers bite but if it takes a Lilly or a Marquis, it's a trade we should make.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
                The Dodgers still have options on Kemp, so they aren't pressed to deal him. Yet he has great value with his plus hitting and power and plus plate discipline. I really don't know if we have what it takes to make the Dodgers bite but if it takes a Lilly or a Marquis, it's a trade we should make.
                Marquis, yes. Lilly, no.
                Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Soriano's deal is looking better all the time. He is $18 mil a year, granted longer term than Andrew, but younger and not coming off a bad year. I thought Hendry grossly overpaid for Soriano, but it's actually not looking THAT bad nowadays, when Hunter gets $90 mil at age 32, and Andrew gets this coming off a bad year.

Hendry hasn't been perfect, but his FA track record is not bad so far. I can't recall us signing a player that was so bad vs. the money he was untradeable. I think you could even find a taker for Marquis with $14 mil left if you wanted to dump him.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X