8 Years Ago Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Years Ago Today

It doesn't seem like that long ago,but it was on this day in 1998 that beloved Chicago icon Harry Caray passed away.

Harry was beloved on both sides of town,and was,and always will be a larger than life figure.

My request for all of you that at 7:30pm local time tonight,we all raise a glass in honor of Harry Caray. It would only be fitting tribute to the voice of the fan.

We'll always miss you Harry.

It's 7:30 here in Chicago.

Cheers Harry!

Comment

"He lost the ball in the sun...he gets paid two million dollars to lose the ball in the sun"
      RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

Angel of Death
      Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
      Infamous butcher,
      Angel of Death

Comment

"Aw, how could he (Jorge Orta) lose the ball in the sun, he's from Mexico." - Harry Caray..

OUCH!
        BELIEVE

Comment

Remembering Harry Caray

It might be!!! IT COULD BE!!!! HOLY COW IT IS!!!!! HOMERUN!!!!!!!!

Bless ya, Harry wherever you are!

Comment

I've loved Caray ever since I first heard him in he late fifties.
            Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Cool pic... I have to save it for my 3 yr old...

Where is the link to hear him sing just one more time..... with some great booth pics included! ? !

CFM
              What two words strike fear into every Cubs fan?
              Oh, no.

Comment

Originally posted by cubfanmom
                Cool pic... I have to save it for my 3 yr old...

Where is the link to hear him sing just one more time..... with some great booth pics included! ? !

CFM
                I'm not sure of a link, but you can download it from a file sharing program such as Bearshare. Just search for "take me out to the ballgame" and you'll find what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by halloffamefan
                  I'm not sure of a link, but you can download it from a file sharing program such as Bearshare. Just search for "take me out to the ballgame" and you'll find what you're looking for.
                  You can do that but its also illeagal and if you get caught its like $1000 per download or something like that. I used to use that though. Limewire and KAzaa are both better than Bearshare though.
                  "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                  -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                  -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

I have a Harry Caray stretch-singing audio file in mp3 format. If you want one, PM me your e-mail address and I will send it to you in an attachment.
                    EAMUS CATULI!
                    AC036198

Comment

here it is:
                      http://www.cubshub.com/TakeMeOut.mp3
                      BELIEVE

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X