No announcement yet.

Jones traded to the Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we need another utility guy (which we don't, given that we already have DeRosa and Theriot), I'd rather see Patterson. This was not a great move.
    Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
      If we need another utility guy (which we don't, given that we already have DeRosa and Theriot), I'd rather see Patterson. This was not a great move.
      There's a small chance that Infante will develop into more than a utility player. Not saying it's even likely, but there's at least a chance. Jones has reached his potential.

Unlike many Cub fans, I didn't have a problem with Jones. He was an adequate outfielder, but expendible. He also occupies a spot the Cubs want to upgrade, and it will be easier to upgrade a corner outfield position than SS.
      To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
        There's a small chance that Infante will develop into more than a utility player. Not saying it's even likely, but there's at least a chance. Jones has reached his potential.

Unlike many Cub fans, I didn't have a problem with Jones. He was an adequate outfielder, but expendible. He also occupies a spot the Cubs want to upgrade, and it will be easier to upgrade a corner outfield position than SS.
        Jones at max potential is still better than Infante, and we're about as unresolved as can be at CF right now. I see a lot of potential for us to be looking at this trade in May or June wishing we had a better CF rather than a clone of our starting SS.
        Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X