Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed

Hi

I am a 45 year Brit and a massive sports fan. My wife and i are visiting Chicago next April 18,19 and 20th, and would love to see a game.
    I see from the schedule that the Cubs are home on these dates.
    As this will be my first and perhaps only baseball match i will see, can someone advise me on which day to attend?,the dos and donts?, what to expect?, and advice on choosing seats.

Thanks

Originally posted by Tauntony View Post
    Hi

I am a 45 year Brit and a massive sports fan. My wife and i are visiting Chicago next April 18,19 and 20th, and would love to see a game.
    I see from the schedule that the Cubs are home on these dates.
    As this will be my first and perhaps only baseball match i will see, can someone advise me on which day to attend?,the dos and donts?, what to expect?, and advice on choosing seats.

Thanks
    I prefer Friday day games myself.

Be prepared for cold weather in mid April.

Arrive a couple of hours early for batting practice.

Comment

Those dates should all be DAY games, so take your pick. I would do a DAY game in April, as previous person said, it can be VERY cold that time of year, colder than you are probably used to coming from the UK. Could be nice as well, you never know. You may have a few more options on the FRIDAY game, as it will not be quite as popular. Get your tickets early however, as soon as you can from Cubs.com (or a broker). Those games will all sell out. If they do, you can still go to the game and scalp tickets.

For Seats, it depends on what you want to spend. 100 Section or 400 Section have excellent views. Most places do, except pillars can get in the way in the 500 section, or the back of the lower deck. Cubs.Com has a good website for that.

Bleachers are an option too, it is an experience, though it's further away from home plate.

Only other advice, and many people may jump on me for this, but I don't think the food is good at Wrigley. In fact, it's terrible. Plan on eating ahead of time. If you want a US experience, try El Jardin on Clark, Mexican is maybe something you don't see alot of in the UK. The Beer is fine, though expensive, though with the dollar the way it is it will probably look cheap to you paying in Pounds!

Cheers!

Comment

I love going to Wrigley field. My grandfather supports the Cubs, andI lived in Chicago from ages 10-15. I loved it there.I love the atmosphere.
        Last edited by stejay; 11-20-2007, 10:23 AM.
        MySpace Codes

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X