ticket prices go up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ticket prices go up.

yuck. My season ticket package went from 1350 to 1600 for next season (55 games). 15% raise for the prime games, 20% raise for regular games.

methinks i will not renew this year. definitely fun while it lasted, but at some point the cost just gets too much. I should point out that i likely wouldnt have renewed anyways, as i need to stop disposing of so much income!

its not surprising though that they raised prices as much as they did.

That's nothing. The Dallas Cowboys are now charging a one-time $50,000 for the right to buy season tickets for the next 30 years. That's not for the tickets themselves.... just the right to buy them.
    Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Find some buddies. I can't imagine anyone can go to 55 games, who has that kind of time? I split a night-weekend package in the 500 section 7 ways. That leaves 8 games apiece, very do-able. Sure, you end up with one or two April Night games, but I also got a White Sox Saturday this year (Nice!)

Post on this forum even to share: I bet you can find people to split it with. DONT give those up, you can sell those for more than you are paying!

The Cubs don't issue Night/Weekend packages anymore, sit on it while you can!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Pico View Post
        Find some buddies. I can't imagine anyone can go to 55 games, who has that kind of time? I split a night-weekend package in the 500 section 7 ways. That leaves 8 games apiece, very do-able. Sure, you end up with one or two April Night games, but I also got a White Sox Saturday this year (Nice!)

Post on this forum even to share: I bet you can find people to split it with. DONT give those up, you can sell those for more than you are paying!

The Cubs don't issue Night/Weekend packages anymore, sit on it while you can!
        i usually have made about 45 or so of the games since i started in 2003. of course, i only live 2 miles from the park so its not a big deal.

do you know how hard it is to sell one seat? especially for a lot of the crappy matchups during the week? very!

realistically, its not just the cost of the game. its the beer, and then the workdays during the week. (and on weekends, going to the bars after the game)

Comment

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
          That's nothing. The Dallas Cowboys are now charging a one-time $50,000 for the right to buy season tickets for the next 30 years. That's not for the tickets themselves.... just the right to buy them.
          yep, PSL's wont be far behind at wrigley. Soldier Field did it, hell the packers have done it i believe. I wouldnt be surprised if the yankees and the red sox dont do it very shortly either.

Comment

In NY, my friends buy Yankees season tickets, and subsidize it by selling the playoff tickets they get allocated. Unfortunately, that strategy doesn't work quite as well with the Cubs....
            To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

I am not surprised, the way they have been spending last off season...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X