Prior Hurt????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior Hurt????

Some very disturbing news from Baseballprospectus.com regarding Mark Prior..

You can't have spring training anymore without pitcher problems or at least rumors of said problems. Those usually start with the Cubs, and this year is no different. Reliable sources--the same ones that tipped us early to Mark Prior's Achilles problem--now tell us that Prior is having shoulder problems. The Cubs deny this and point to Prior's work on the mound. Prior was doing towel drills on Saturday, but this is the same type of work he was doing last year when there was a problem. According to our best sources in Mesa, Prior looks "weak and sick." Until he throws, we just won't know, though I'd like to believe Larry Rothschild.

News is better for Kerry Wood, on track to get back in the rotation by May. The Cubs have depth in the rotation and a favorable early schedule to give them time, even if Wood has a small setback. Wood will return to the rotation. If he's ever a bullpen guy, it won't be for the Cubs.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=4778

He's only sick, an illness, not an injury. Read the news from somewhere more trusting, like www.chicagocubs.com Anyways, here's the article.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/m...=.jsp&c_id=chc

Comment

But given the Cubs notorious record for covering things up, it would not surprise me if the cubs.com article was nothing more than damage control. Until I see him pitching in a game, I'm not comfortable at all.

Comment

Originally posted by weatherdood
        But given the Cubs notorious record for covering things up, it would not surprise me if the cubs.com article was nothing more than damage control. Until I see him pitching in a game, I'm not comfortable at all.
        It's not like BP is an unreliable source, nor is cubs.com. But either way, you don't know what's true until Prior pitches or has surgery. :o
        A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Originally posted by weatherdood
          dude was sick during the winter. if you are sick in late december for 2-3 weeks you completely fall behind schedule.

BTW, Wood is on schedule for mid to late april.

Comment

If you guys need starter, feel free to take Ryan Drese...
            The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
            Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

I heard from a reliable source, namely Bruce Miles, that no reporter in Mesa wrote a story saying Prior is having shoulder problems.

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
                I heard from a reliable source, namely Bruce Miles, that no reporter in Mesa wrote a story saying Prior is having shoulder problems.
                this guy was making a rash observation

prior had a respiratory infection that had him hospitalized for a few days in december, meaning he's not right on schedule and he also doesn't want to rush into ST as hard as he used to in order to try and avoid the problems the last few ST's have given him

Comment

all I have to say is "what else is new?"
                  I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

from mlbtraderumors.com

Said Chicago media reporters recently said Will Carroll-the man supposedly stating prior looked like he had a shoulder injury-hasn't even been in AR this week

Comment

Originally posted by redwhitenblue
                      Said Chicago media reporters recently said Will Carroll-the man supposedly stating prior looked like he had a shoulder injury-hasn't even been in AR this week
                      AR?

What does Arkansas have to do with it?

Suppose you mean AZ? Arizona?
                      BELIEVE

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X