Mark Prior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Pico View Post
    Everyone raved about his mechanics, and how his delivery put the minimum stress on his arm. It's a shame really.

Turns out his "perfect" mechanics was his demise.

Comment

More likely his collision with Marcus Giles and his misdiagnosis of shoulder problems throughout the last 3 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
        More likely his collision with Marcus Giles and his misdiagnosis of shoulder problems throughout the last 3 years or so.
        and not helped with the collision of a baseball with his elbow. probably altered his delivery just enough.

Comment

Prior joins a large group of former Cubs pitchers when he signed a one year contract with the Padres...

Best of luck,
          A.J.
          BELIEVE

Comment

I hate the Padres about as much as I hate the Cardinals. Gah.
            Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

This signing makes Hendry worse by not being able to come up with the common ground that Prior took from the Padres. Jim demanded having Prior's first year of free agency, something any player with talent is told not to do by their agent. At worst, Mark makes 1M in 2008 and doesn't pitch an inning, best case scenerio Prior makes 4M and is a huge horse in the second half of the season. In any light, if Prior pitches at all in 2008, it's a win for the Padres even if they don't sign him long term as he'll qualify for an early draft pick compensation. On the flip side, signing with the San Diego, he's hometown, and pitching half the season in one of the games best pitcher's parks and getting to pick the professor's brain again, can only help Prior. His labrum surgery was mild and given a new procedure by Dr. Andrews for quicker recovery and longer durability, Prior could be pitching in the big leagues by May.
              What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
              Line Drive: .356
              HBP: .342
              Non-Intentional Walk: .315
              Intentional Walk: .176
              Outfield Fly: .035
              Groundball: -.101
              Bunts: -.103
              Infield Fly: -.243
              Strikeout: -.287
              It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

The way Prior fought to protect his free agency year, and the low guaranteed money he took, tells me that Prior really believes he will have a good recovery.

While a player isn't always the best judge of his injury, he's the only one that knows his shoulder feels right now.
                To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
                  In any light, if Prior pitches at all in 2008, it's a win for the Padres even if they don't sign him long term as he'll qualify for an early draft pick compensation.
                  how would he qualify? Its not like he will raise himself to a type A free agent under any circumstances.

BTW, i still say you are being overly optimistic about prior. The shoulder is still all moving parts and you are still doing repair work on moving parts. Its similar to knee surgery that way. No matter how well you can repair the knees (and they can do wonders with them) you still arent what you were before hand. You still have some loss of function.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X