Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Cubs stopped where they are now, would you be satisfied?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
    How could you come to the conclusion that Cotts should be on the roster over Marshall?
    It's probably a toss-up, Marshall to me really projects more as a back of the rotation starter rather than a LOOGY, though Cotts isn't really much of a LOOGY either. I projected that based on the fact that they Cubs just decided to give Cotts a major league contract rather than let him walk, so he is projected to be in the mix. Wouldn't surprise me in the least though if it was Marshall instead of Cotts. Also wouldn't surprise me if Marshall was traded, he has more value at this point to someone else than he does to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Pico View Post
      It's probably a toss-up, Marshall to me really projects more as a back of the rotation starter rather than a LOOGY, though Cotts isn't really much of a LOOGY either. I projected that based on the fact that they Cubs just decided to give Cotts a major league contract rather than let him walk, so he is projected to be in the mix. Wouldn't surprise me in the least though if it was Marshall instead of Cotts. Also wouldn't surprise me if Marshall was traded, he has more value at this point to someone else than he does to us.
      I agree in principle, but Marshall's numbers from the pen were solid, whereas Cotts's numbers were really bad everywhere he went. Anyways, Marquis and Demp are about the furthest thing from a sure bet we could possibly have (short of resigning Trachsel, that is), and we'd be foolish not to keep an insurance policy aboard in case one (or both) of them needs to go back to the pen.

I just wonder how many times Marshall is going to have to start on the AAA roster only to be called up and outperform the guy he replaces before he finally gets a little due credit. Of the seven other starting pitchers we used this season, Marshall outperformed four of them. He should be rewarded accordingly.

Would anybody be upset if Marquis was in the pen and Marshall was the 4th or 5th starter? Additionally, would anybody be upset if Cotts wasn't around at all?
      Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Pico View Post
        Certainly the Gagne signing sends the message from Milwaukee that they are gearing up to win next year. They lost Cordero and Linebrink, but they did get Mota, Riske, Gagne, worked aggressively to plug those holes. I think the Brewers rotation will improve, they have some young arms, Sheets might be healthier, and they won't suffer through the collapse of Capuano again.

Their rotation figures to be: Sheets, Gallardo, Suppan, Bush, and Villanueva, or Vargas, or Manny Parra, or Capuano if he figures things out. They have scary depth there.

The lineup figures to be anchored by Braun and Fielder, who I doubt will be worse. The only drop-offs I see are at SS (Hardy played a bit out of his mind), and Catcher. Jenkins isn't much of a loss, they can replace him.

Fear the Brew Crew, cub fans.
        Thanks for the kind words and I give you credit that you can see the treat from the Brewers and I can say If the Cubs stopped now the Brewers fans would be satisfied. So that answers the question from the other side.

Comment

what our cubs need is a world series ring:

when we're there, we'll be one of the best for many years to come

we are getting there
          i believe in the cubs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X