Baseball signatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball signatures

Hi, I have some signatures from alumni cubbies and was wondering if someone could recognize them. I got them at the Cubs convention 2020.
    if you have an answer please put them in order of the images. Thanks
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

The signature on the ball in the first pic is Glendon Rusch.

The second pic is a stumper so far. It would help quite a bit if the number the player signed with was legible, but we can't have everything. Do you have any more info about it?

The top sig in the third pic is Travis Wood.

The bottom sig in the third pic is Dan Winkler.

The combination of Wood and Winkler on the same ball raises my interest, since Winkler didn't join the Cubs until 2020, while Wood was most recently with the Cubs in 2016 and retired from playing after the 2017 season. I'm guessing both were at the convention.

The signature in the fourth pic is Bob Howry.

I'm clueless on the fifth one.
    Put it in the books.

Comment

Thank you SO much, I really can’t thank you enough. To answer your question I got these signatures at the 2020 Cubs convention in January 2020(right before COVID). So I had gotten his signature then.
      Also I think the fifth one is Larry Biittner. I have a list of Cubs players and Alumni at the convention if that helps for the second pic. The list might be a bit outdated in the lat year trades sense

Thanks again, you’re awesome.

List: https://www.baseball-fever.com/forum...all-signatures
      Last edited by Penguinboi; 05-28-2021, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Aww, you're too kind. I blush.

Unfortunately, that link just brings us right back to this thread. I would indeed like to see the list, if possible.

Ya know what, now that you mention it, I think you've nailed Biittner. Not only that, I'd be willing to bet the farm on it. I'm almost ashamed I didn't catch it, but I'm glad you did.

That second one is turning out to be a stumper. It's on the WS Champions ball, so I would like to think it was someone on that 2016 team. Yet, unless I've overlooked someone, no one seems to fit the bill. So I could be way off.
        Put it in the books.

Comment

Here is the real link, I don’t know why the first one came back to this thread.
          Thank you so much. I am very thankful.

link: https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/...ees-announced/

By the way you might want to scroll down a bit, there’s a little bit of text before the list.
          Thanks again.
          Last edited by Penguinboi; 05-28-2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

At this point, if I had to make an all-out guess, I would probably say it's one of José Quintana's sloppiest autographs. ...like perhaps he'd been drinking that day.

He'd be my guess, but please, don't hold me to it.
            Put it in the books.

Comment

Ok, thanks for all the help. I’ll try and figure out the mysterious number two. Thank you so much. You’re awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Penguinboi View Post
                Ok, thanks for all the help. I’ll try and figure out the mysterious number two. Thank you so much. You’re awesome
                Nah, you're awesome. And if you need any further help, feel free to stop in.

Oh, and if you do definitively find out who that last one is, I hope you'll post an update.

Put it in the books.

Comment

Will do.
                  It was amazing to meet you.

Comment

I think I found out who that’s last one is.
                    I think it might be Gary Matthews Jr.
                    I looked on online for the Cubs alumni on the lists autographs and found his autograph, and it’s very similar.
                    This is kind of a guess, so don’t hold me to it
                    Last edited by Penguinboi; 05-29-2021, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguinboi View Post
                      I think I found out who that’s last one is.
                      I think it might be Gary Matthews Jr.
                      I looked on online for the Cubs alumni on the lists autographs and found his autograph, and it’s very similar.
                      This is kind of a guess, so don’t hold me to it
                      Yes sirree, I think you got it. It's one of his more hastily done autographs, but the handwriting does indeed closely resemble his more legible signings. I was only about 25% sure it was Quintana, but I'd say I'm about 95% sure it's Gary Jr.

Nice job, and I'm glad you were able to identify all 6 signatures. I'm only too happy to help.

And welcome to Baseball-Fever.
                      Put it in the books.

Comment

Thank you. I’m glad I joined and even more glad I met you.
                        Last edited by Penguinboi; 05-29-2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X