Cubs 2021 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs 2021 season thread

Just talk about really anything Cubs/baseball related. I can’t wait to meet fellow Cubs/baseball fans!

Looks like with the trades the Cubs lost some talent.
    The saddest day of the year is the day that baseball season ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
      Looks like with the trades the Cubs lost some talent.
      That's an understatement. The Cubs are now terrible! It seems like it will probably be 2025 before they are contending again.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguinboi View Post
        Just talk about really anything Cubs/baseball related. I can’t wait to meet fellow Cubs/baseball fans!
        Welcome to Baseball Fever! In my personal experience, this site is really more for discussing historical baseball matters in general rather than the current developments with individual teams. If you are interested in the former, then this is the perfect site for you! If you are interested in the latter, I would suggest the Cubs site at SB Nation. Moderators: Hopefully, my post is not objectionable.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdGenCub View Post

Welcome to Baseball Fever! In my personal experience, this site is really more for discussing historical baseball matters in general rather than the current developments with individual teams. If you are interested in the former, then this is the perfect site for you! If you are interested in the latter, I would suggest the Cubs site at SB Nation. Moderators: Hopefully, my post is not objectionable.
          It's cool.

You joined at right about the time our team forums were losing most of their traffic. Until about that time, they were much more heavily traveled, with current events as much as history. The activity in the Yankees forum alone was worthy of its own website.

In fact, for nearly 15 years, each team forum would have dedicated stickied Season and Offseason threads that were used quite a bit. In other words, each team had a "20## Season Thread" and a "20## Offseason Thread".

It came to a pretty abrupt halt with the onset of social media in the mid 2010s, while other fans went to even more dedicated team forums like, as you say, SB Nation. Both avenues affected this site's team forums' traffic, which, with the unusual exception of the Mets forum, are today virtual cemeteries I'm sad to say.

Everything that was ever posted in them, however, still exists, which points to your allusion to their historical aspect. They are indeed treasure troves of information.

Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X