Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cubs hire ex-GM Dave Littlefield to be . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs hire ex-GM Dave Littlefield to be . . .

a scout. Phew. Just when you think it couldn't get any worse they bring Littlefield into the picture.

You said it. A more suitable job for him would be operating the T-shirt cannon, but even that might prove difficult, like knowing which end is which.
    :cap:

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Blaze View Post
      You said it. A more suitable job for him would be operating the T-shirt cannon, but even that might prove difficult, like knowing which end is which.
      Maybe so, but an error in judgement in that capacity only leads to more amusement.
      Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

I wonder what input he had in the drafting/signing/trading for some of the decent to good talent that has since been traded away from the pirates... Let's not forget that Aram was once a pirate...

it isnt like he will have a hand in the pot when it comes to trading players away... like he did as a GM for the pirates. So my time will not be spent being to worried about this topic...

I will spend more time worrying about who will we fill the back end of the rotation with.

that is a bigger concern to me at this point.
        BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by RBi View Post
          I wonder what input he had in the drafting/signing/trading for some of the decent to good talent that has since been traded away from the pirates... Let's not forget that Aram was once a pirate...

it isnt like he will have a hand in the pot when it comes to trading players away... like he did as a GM for the pirates. So my time will not be spent being to worried about this topic...
          Littlefield had GMed the Pirates since July 2001 and had a major hand in drafting during the entire tenure with his scouting director Creech. He's been quite successful in selecting pitchers as Snell, Gozarlenny, Maholm, and Capps all were major players for the Pirates in 2007 and look to be in the future. This year he still had a major hand in the draft, and it looked to be a very good and deep draft for the Bucs, something they usually don't get, like the Cub organization.

Littlefield's first draft was where he first started his "legacy" when he drafted Bryan Bullington, first overall, while passing on BJ Upton. Although, the truth is Littlefield and his scouting crew wanted Upton but were overruled by ownership due to financial restrictions. Littlefield/Creech combo drafted pretty well the last four years selected first round picks, Neil Walker (04), Andrew McCutchen (05), Brad Lincoln (06), Moskos (07). Their drafts were never really deep though and usually centered around pitching, a huge trend they share with the Cubs' organization. Littlefield's strength is identifying and evaluating college pitchers and that's what Wilken will likely have him do.

I will spend more time worrying about who will we fill the back end of the rotation with.

that is a bigger concern to me at this point.
          What's to worry about? Zman, Lilly, Hill in the first three slots with some sort of mix of Marshall/Marquis/Dempster/Hart/Gallagher in the back two. With much of the #5 slot basically given to Dempster to lose. My money is on Dempster/Marquis rounding out 4 and 5, and not necessarily in that order. I'm also not sold that both Marshall and/or Gallagher will be with the club when we start/break camp.
          What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
          Line Drive: .356
          HBP: .342
          Non-Intentional Walk: .315
          Intentional Walk: .176
          Outfield Fly: .035
          Groundball: -.101
          Bunts: -.103
          Infield Fly: -.243
          Strikeout: -.287
          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X