Roberts to the Cubs Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roberts to the Cubs Poll

In light of the Steriods issue do you still want Roberts as a Cub?
    Yes
    61.54%
    No
    38.46%

No. But I didn't really want him on the Cubs before either. Not that he wouldn't be an upgrade over certain players, but I think the asking price for him would be more than what he is really worth.

Comment

Originally posted by cpomeroy View Post
      In light of the Steriods issue do you still want Roberts as a Cub?
      i really couldnt care less what he did 3 or 4 years ago. he could have shot himself up while on the diamond in front of the fans and i still wouldnt really be all upset what he did then. The past is the past, and I wouldnt have a problem with having him on the team.

all that being said, it depends on what we would have to give up to get him. if the asking price is a couple of pitchers and other prospects, i'd say hell no.

Comment

I don't think you can make a judgement because of the sterioids. The players named in the Mitchell report were/are not the only players to do roids or hgh. If he makes the Cubs a better team and we don't have to give up too much for him, I'm all for trading for him.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
          i really couldnt care less what he did 3 or 4 years ago. he could have shot himself up while on the diamond in front of the fans and i still wouldnt really be all upset what he did then. The past is the past, and I wouldnt have a problem with having him on the team.

all that being said, it depends on what we would have to give up to get him. if the asking price is a couple of pitchers and other prospects, i'd say hell no.
          I'm with ya, I could careless what he did in the past and more what he's done since then and will do in the future. As for the price tag to get him, just look at what the O's took to shed Tejada and his 26M/2YR left on his deal; a five player deal with none of them being impact prospects. Roberts is due 14M/2YR and the O's have no intention of re-signing him after his contract is up. Now is their best choice to deal him for any type of return. The Cubs are offering up Gallagher and a Murton/EP deal while Baltimore keeps on pushing for Gallagher and higher rated prospect. If the Cubs wanted this deal done, I'd bet a Gallagher & Marshall offer would close the book real quick. Still my reservations are this: Roberts will be 30 years old this year, he plays an easy position to fill, we have many young top 2B prospects, and Brian will cost us twice. One in that we will have to give up 2-3 decent-good prospects and the second when he's free agency kicks in at the end of the 2009 season. Yet Hendry has been in a real win now mode, our window with our lineup stars is everclosing, Lee, ARam, Alf have about 3 real good years left before they can't be counted on as regularly.
          What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
          Line Drive: .356
          HBP: .342
          Non-Intentional Walk: .315
          Intentional Walk: .176
          Outfield Fly: .035
          Groundball: -.101
          Bunts: -.103
          Infield Fly: -.243
          Strikeout: -.287
          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

I'm with Bob. You're trading too much of the team's future for a guy who has nearly identical numbers to the guy we have now at the same position, and we have at least three other suitable reserves at that position already. No, no, and no, in that order, and the steroids don't even play into it.
            Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

Before Fukudome, I thought acquiring Roberts was borderline, and not worth it if we have to give up good pitching. After Fukudome, it makes even less sense, because there's no place to play DeRosa anymore now that RF is filled.
              To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X