More Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Seats

Saw something on the news while I was at the gym as to the effect the city has approved more seats to be added at Wrigley. Whats that all about, I am kind of far away from the action there.

Adding 70 more seats to the stadium. Not much to add, but here's a link to the story:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
    To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Someone will be pissed whoever now has front row season tix will have a head to look around. I went to a game last year and sat in the 2nd row of the newer seats near home and the people behind lets us know they used to have front row at one time. They were not happy campers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahanabob View Post
        Someone will be pissed whoever now has front row season tix will have a head to look around. I went to a game last year and sat in the 2nd row of the newer seats near home and the people behind lets us know they used to have front row at one time. They were not happy campers.
        You should have turned around and offered to switch seats with them for about 50 bucks or so.

Were they rude about it? If they were, I hope you pointed out to them that it wasn't your fault and it wasn't your problem either.
        Your luck has expired. Please purchase new luck.

Comment

Were they rude? The called security because one in the party stood up to pay for beer. Security hauled him out but he was able to return.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahanabob View Post
            The called security because one in the party stood up to pay for beer. Security hauled him out but he was able to return.
            Now that's stupid! I hope the fan who was temporarily booted out complained... I hate to say this, but if that guy was sitting in those seats he's either a VIP with connections or someone who paid a s***load of money to the club for his tickets, and that "security" person should have been disciplined. It certainly wasn't this guy's fault that the other guy lost his front row seat, but on the other hand I can understand the frustration of sitting in the same seat and finding out you're no longer in the front row, especially if the team didn't notify you in advance.

The Mets add seats in front of the seats between the dugouts (but not behind the plate) for special games: for example Opening Day, games against the Yankees, and I guess other games of interest.

I'm not going to cry for those who have the good seats down there, but as I said it must be a tremendous setback to have tickets for Row A, look forward to sitting in the front row, and get to your seat only to find they've added a few rows of temporary seats right in front of you.

(Photo taken September 27, 2007. © Gary Dunaier)

(Photo taken September 27, 2007. © Gary Dunaier)
            Last edited by Gary Dunaier; 01-08-2008, 09:33 PM.
            X
            What's THAT guy doing?
            - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

These people had front row season tickets for some 20 years then they added like 3 or 4 rows about two years ago. According to my son who has season tickets these seats are offered to all season ticket holders via lottery to buy, thats how he got 4 seats for that one Dodger game. I think it was like $750 for the 4 tickets.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X