Cubs Caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs Caravan

Well I went to the Cubs Caravan last night in Freeport Illinois, it was a good time. There were a lot of questions directed to Lou Pinella and some the Theriot..all the women there seemed to think he was pretty Hot, including my wife.

Anyways Pinella says that his projected Lineup would be as of right now would be:

1st: Lee
    2nd: DeRosa
    3rd: Ramirez
    SS: Theriot
    C: Soto
    RF: Fukudome
    CF: Pie
    LF: Soriano

And the Number 1 starting pitcher as Zambrano. Pretty strong lineup this year I think.

He also said they were working on signing 2 more players but didn't elaborate on that.

It was also pretty funny that he couldnt pronounce Fukudome's name either, he kept calling him "That Kid from Japan" and a 10 year old kid asked him a Question about Fukudome and pronounced in flawlessly, he was pretty impressed.

Overall it was fun and I was able to get Pinella's, Sinatro's, Rich Hill's and Len Kasper's Auto's.

Good times.

Cool post.

Who was the friendliest guy you came across?
    To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Scartissue View Post

Who was the friendliest guy you came across?
      Scar, as you likely know, Kasper has done plenty of things with us over at CubsHub, I HIGHLY doubt there are many people who will come across nicer than him...

Which reminds me we should get together come questions and I can do another Q&A with him...
      BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by RBi View Post
        Scar, as you likely know, Kasper has done plenty of things with us over at CubsHub, I HIGHLY doubt there are many people who will come across nicer than him...
        I would have guessed Kasper would be a good guy.
        To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

This is by far the most useful post I have sen in a long time...thank you very much for the info..I really appreciate it!!!

Comment

Hey your welcome.

I was only able to Meet Pinella and Hill. My Wife was able to meet Hill and Kasper.

Pinella was really nice, very talkative, Sinatro just seemed to be going through the motions. My wife said Hill was pretty shy like and Kasper talked with her for awhile and was very nice. I heard Theriot was pretty outgoing to. He made some funny cracks on Samardjza (Spelling) and Notre Dame football this year.

Good time overall though.

Comment

Thanks again for the info...I discussed it with my Dad and he was interested too...how much was the cost of going??? We live in southern IN, but would love to make the trip if its affordable for us next year...Please let me know, and truley thank you again, I love reading personal stories like that with the Cubs and fans, especially when they relate info about the Cubs at the time...let me know .. thanks..

Comment

Hey the tickets were only $50, which included a dinner of baseball type foods, Hotdogs, ect.

But you could pay I think $300 for a ticket that included a private dinner with the players and coaches and you own time with them to ask questions also. they are the VIP tickets.

I'll definitely be there next year.

They also stopped by to see our Little Cubs Field.

Comment

thanks for getting back to me I will get the schedule for next year and I plan to go...thanks again!!!

Comment

Really good information there. Thanks much for that. Hopefully those two signings can go through, as you can never have too much talent on a ballclub.

Also, gotta say, the one time I met Len Kasper he was one of the nicest people I'd ever met, even if it was only for about 30 seconds, and you could feel his goodness just by looking in his eyes. He really is a genuine good guy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X