X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aram out of WBC

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5360608

:gt
    and his main reason on here is that he doesn't believe he wants to go full strength so soon and risk injury

Originally posted by redwhitenblue
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5360608

:gt
    and his main reason on here is that he doesn't believe he wants to go full strength so soon and risk injury
    Add another to the list of WBC drop outs. h I can just see it, "Starting in Right Field for the USA - JOOOHN MAABRY!"
    A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Well I for one love the fact that these guys are seeing that playing for their team pays the light bill.

I just hope that no one, ANY TEAM, ANY PLAYER gets hurt during this WBC.

I think it has been over hyped.
      BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by CubsHub
        Well I for one love the fact that these guys are seeing that playing for their team pays the light bill.

I just hope that no one, ANY TEAM, ANY PLAYER gets hurt during this WBC.

I think it has been over hyped.
        Yeah I see it as nothing more than an overglorified exhibition tournament. While Selig is trying to push it as baseball's attempt to soccer's World Cup. Timing is just horrible for these games, more so for pitchers than positional players. What pitcher is ready to go all out and pitch a "playoff style game" in March? Pitchers need spring training for a reason, case in point the 1990 season when spring training was cut substancially short and there was a dramatic increase in pitcher injuries.
        What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
        Line Drive: .356
        HBP: .342
        Non-Intentional Walk: .315
        Intentional Walk: .176
        Outfield Fly: .035
        Groundball: -.101
        Bunts: -.103
        Infield Fly: -.243
        Strikeout: -.287
        It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by E.Banks#14
          Add another to the list of WBC drop outs. h I can just see it, "Starting in Right Field for the USA - JOOOHN MAABRY!"
          so are you saying its a bad thing for him to pull out? I for one am very glad.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
            so are you saying its a bad thing for him to pull out? I for one am very glad.
            No, I don't want to see any Cubs play in the WBC for a couple of reasons. For one, Cubs fans who migrate to Mesa in the spring will not get to see Lee, Zambrano, Blanco, or Barrett until their respective teams are eliminated. Also, why should these guys be playing in a playoff-like atmosphere in March? Ramirez made the right decision. I'm sure his groin is still not 100%, and there's no point in having him play all-out in a meaningless game.

Plus, he wouldn't have even gotten regular playing time (Beltre was named the starting 3B for D.R.), so why should he be sitting on the bench when he could be playing and training and getting healthy?
            A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

No, I don't want to see any Cubs play in the WBC for a couple of reasons. For one, Cubs fans who migrate to Mesa in the spring will not get to see Lee, Zambrano, Blanco, or Barrett until their respective teams are eliminated. Also, why should these guys be playing in a playoff-like atmosphere in March? Ramirez made the right decision. I'm sure his groin is still not 100%, and there's no point in having him play all-out in a meaningless game.

Plus, he wouldn't have even gotten regular playing time (Beltre was named the starting 3B for D.R.), so why should he be sitting on the bench when he could be playing and training and getting healthy?
              Good point. I agree that they need to keep him healthy for the start of the season. I think that if he has a year as good as last year (before he got hurt) he could be mvp potential. I say that because he played in 123 games and had 92 RBIs and 31 homeruns. at that pace he had a chance for mvp had he not gotten hurt. Im just saying that if he has a year like last year he could possibly make a run at the MVP. Plus, the cubs need to make the playoffs
              Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

oh ok. i was just confused with your smilies. lol

Comment

One word, "good".

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X