The legend Henry Blanco returns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The legend Henry Blanco returns!

He's healthy again, and played 47 games of winterball. Runners beware!
    To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Fear the UNIBROW! But, I was a big fan of Blanco when he was a Brave. He's always been a good defensive catcher.
    2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

Comment

He hit for .243/.339/.388 in those 47 games.
      To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta Braves Freak View Post
        Fear the UNIBROW! But, I was a big fan of Blanco when he was a Brave. He's always been a good defensive catcher.
        He'll be a good influence on the young Soto.

Comment

As Cubs fans, it is our responsibility to take the lexicon of Chuck Norris jokes and rework them as Hank White jokes instead.
          Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

I hope he's healthy this year, because the cupboard is pretty bare behind him. If Hank can't play, then our backup is Koyie Hill or JD Closser.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Pico View Post
              I hope he's healthy this year, because the cupboard is pretty bare behind him. If Hank can't play, then our backup is Koyie Hill or JD Closser.
              Hill called games decently enough last year. I don't mind having him on board.

Comment

If memory serves correct, Blanco had a herniated disc between C2-3. With his constant crouch and head tilt as a catcher, it's going to be repeatedly tested each time he dons a mask. With Henry backing up Soto, Geo will get a world of insight after each inning he catches.
                What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                Line Drive: .356
                HBP: .342
                Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                Intentional Walk: .176
                Outfield Fly: .035
                Groundball: -.101
                Bunts: -.103
                Infield Fly: -.243
                Strikeout: -.287
                It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
                  Hill called games decently enough last year. I don't mind having him on board.
                  Hill is a good defensive catcher, but offensively helpless. That was a huge drain on our offense last year I care not to repeat. Hank isn't Pudge Rodriguez either, but he does give you the occasional jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Pico View Post
                    Hill is a good defensive catcher, but offensively helpless. That was a huge drain on our offense last year I care not to repeat. Hank isn't Pudge Rodriguez either, but he does give you the occasional jack.
                    All the stats you have on Koyie are meaningless to me. Show me his HWEqBA and then we'll talk.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X