It's Spring!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Spring!

I'm so happy it's spring. I don't care the games don't matter. It's great to hear Ron Santo's voice on the radio again. I'm a huge cubs fan and I've been counting down the days to spring training since December. I'm listining to the game and they were just up 5-0 then they give up a grand slam and another homer. now its 7-5 A's. Just like old times huh?
    Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Yea I was listening to the game for a while too. Then I decided to go on the computer. I can['t wait until I can watch it though.
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by ZR56664
      I'm so happy it's spring. I don't care the games don't matter. It's great to hear Ron Santo's voice on the radio again. I'm a huge cubs fan and I've been counting down the days to spring training since December. I'm listining to the game and they were just up 5-0 then they give up a grand slam and another homer. now its 7-5 A's. Just like old times huh?
      the ML players played great and pie came up big w/ a 2 RBI triple in the 8th...wuertz, howry, ohman, demp, novoa(2 innings) and Z(3 innings) all pitched shutout ball...only AAA player Brian Corey got hit bad...his line...0 innings, 7 ER, 3 HR, he gave up a solo, 2 R, and GS...jones, murton, cedeno, aram all got singles, Aram had 2 RBI singles...lee had a sac fly, ditto w/ hairston, pierre had a bunt single

great game overall for the ML players, now byebye to Z, Lee, Barrett, Blanco and Soto as they go off to play in the WBC
      ST game 1
      Cubs 8
      A's 7

Comment

We caught it when it was 5-0 on the way from the pediatricians to the pharmacy. Got out of the pharmacy and it was 7-5. My 3 yr old thought "Haddy Caddy" was singing the 7th inning stretch..... (everyone who sings is Haddy Caddy)

I cracked up when the phone rang and it was Santo's daughter, and his story about his wife asking what he had going today. I think I love him....
        I hadn't realized how much I missed those two and the stories.

Of course when we got home my 3 yr old had a giant bowl of popcorn and we watched Stuart Little for the 3rd time today! Called Grandpa in AZ... he was on the golf course... what a shame he's not interested in Spring training...foolish man!

I'm SOO excited! There is joy in my heart again!

Michelle & Joey
        What two words strike fear into every Cubs fan?
        Oh, no.

Comment

Everybody played except for John Mabry
          Last edited by Bob Sacamento; 03-02-2006, 05:49 PM.
          What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
          Line Drive: .356
          HBP: .342
          Non-Intentional Walk: .315
          Intentional Walk: .176
          Outfield Fly: .035
          Groundball: -.101
          Bunts: -.103
          Infield Fly: -.243
          Strikeout: -.287
          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento
            Everybody played except for John Mabry
            position player-wise

greenberg also came in and got a base hit...glad to see him back

Comment

cubs starters did well. the main bullpen guys did well. thats all that matters. Its about all you can ask for in a ST game. the only guy who sucked was a guy who isnt going to be on the roster anyways.

Comment

Felix Pie

Felix Pie must have been the happiest cub there, getting that game tying double off the wall. Great start for Pie!

Comment

Originally posted by ZR56664
                  Felix Pie must have been the happiest cub there, getting that game tying double off the wall. Great start for Pie!
                  triple...trripple

Comment

Sorry

Originally posted by redwhitenblue
                    triple...trripple
                    My bad. I was listening to it on the radio.
                    I was just happy he tied it up.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X