No announcement yet.

2008 Chicago Cubs Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like we won't see this year's hot pitching prospect, Johnny Cueto. I guess it's a good thing, but I'm curious to see this kid. Homer Baily got more pre-season press, but Cueto looks to be the one to take off, at least for now. This Reds rotation can get very good soon.

We see CPat back in Wrigley on this trip. Good year for CPat so far, whose career has been defined by streakiness. He's been dangerous, slugging .667 thus far, with 4 homers. Still doesn't get on base, but a danger to steal when he's on.
    To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

• Can anyone who can actually see the game clue me in as to why Soriano left in the 1st? I assume he's hurt.
      Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

• Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
        Can anyone who can actually see the game clue me in as to why Soriano left in the 1st? I assume he's hurt.
        Didn't see it, but Yahoo reported he's strained his calf.
        To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
          Didn't see it, but Yahoo reported he's strained his calf.
          Hmmm. I wonder if this is of the 15-day or the 60-day variety?

Comment

Can anyone who can actually see the game clue me in as to why Soriano left in the 1st? I assume he's hurt.
            he hurt his calf on that silly little hop of his after catching a pop fly. derosa doesnt really look good out there in left. Pie almost had to come out himself after slamming into the ivy really hard and shaking off his hand and back

Comment

• Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
              he hurt his calf on that silly little hop of his after catching a pop fly. derosa doesnt really look good out there in left. Pie almost had to come out himself after slamming into the ivy really hard and shaking off his hand and back
              Man.... it's almost like we need another outfielder....

Comment

• Nice to see the clutch hits coming in. 7 - 4, Cubs (8th)

Comment

• Originally posted by nightotter View Post
                  Nice to see the clutch hits coming in. 7 - 4, Cubs (8th)
                  9-4 now with theriot goin deep!

Comment

• Looks like Wuertz spooked himself.

Comment

• great. wuertz cant close the door so wood actually has to come in to slam the door shut. gak!

Comment

great. wuertz cant close the door so wood actually has to come in for a save situation. gak!
                        Hey! This is good for my fantasy stats!

Comment

Hey! This is good for my fantasy stats!
                          thats what i initially thought, but len said its not, because the tying run was in the dugout. *shrug* some of these save rules are a little tricksome IMO.

BTW, both dusty and Corey patterson have gotten booed by the fans tonight.

Comment

BTW, both dusty and Corey patterson have gotten booed by the fans tonight.
                            I just don't get that, you would think the fans would cheer... they got what they wanted in BOTH cases...
                            BELIEVE

Comment

• Long ball, good defense and so-so pitching. Cubs win 9-5.

Comment

• Originally posted by RBi View Post
                                I just don't get that, you would think the fans would cheer... they got what they wanted in BOTH cases...
                                eh if i was there, i probably wouldnt have booed. well, not Dusty. He's a manager type. not really worth booing. Patterson, he drove me batpoop. So I might have let loose a few boos. The first time, just for old times sake. After that, probably not

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X