2008 Chicago Cubs Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
    Just pulled up gameday. Bases are loaded with no outs, but unfortunately the table is set for Cedeno, Blanco, and Lilly. GO CUBS!
    Outcome as expected.... Cedeno strikes out, Blanco grounds into double play. At least we're threatening early.
    Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

• Originally posted by G-String Blues View Post
      Magic seems like a word you'd use when a little luck is involved.
      I am stickin to "Magic"
      BELIEVE

Comment

• So now we're REALLY beating up on the good teams, and doing it even on days when Lee and Ramirez are unspectacular. Lilly finally pitches a decent game and even works his way out of a jam.

This is awesome.

Comment

• Impressive homestand for the Cubs. Hopefully the White Sox can sweep the yankees for a Windy City smackdown

Comment

This is awesome.
            Some would call it magical..

Exciting to witness none the less.
            BELIEVE

Comment

• nice to see lilly finally have a good game. he needed that. the cubs needed that. and hell to beat down the mets is always good too!

i only got to hear parts of the game (naturally the wasting of the bases loaded situation early on). i was getting nervous when he loaded the bases though there early on.at least he got out of that one.

Comment

• Maybe Blanco should act as Lilly's personal catcher for a little while longer. This was their first game together this season, right?

Comment

Maybe Blanco should act as Lilly's personal catcher for a little while longer. This was their first game together this season, right?
                  Blanco caught the Cincinati game where Lily gave up 5 runs over 6 innings.
                  To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by RBi View Post
                    I am stickin to "Magic"
                    After today, I think you're right. Sorry.

Comment

Outcome as expected.... Cedeno strikes out, Blanco grounds into double play. At least we're threatening early.
                      Since Ronny drove in 5 runs today, maybe we can give him the benefit of a doubt. He is starting to look better.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpomeroy View Post
                        Since Ronny drove in 5 runs today, maybe we can give him the benefit of a doubt. He is starting to look better.
                        I think I did in a later post.

Comment

• Good game today...

I'm happy about Pie and Cedeno both going 2-5 today and only 2 Ks between them (Cedeno with both Ks). Pie is over .200 now. Woo Hoo... This lineup was interesting, but I like it. I'm glad Lou put Pie in 2 hole and showing the confidence he has in Pie. I believe Pie will get his offense going and hit decent enough where he plays everyday CF. I hope we go with this lineup (with Soto playing) until Soriano comes back.

As a team, 8 walks with 3 Ks... beautiful. As it stands in 20 games... the Cubs has 91 walks to 131 Ks.
                          "Back before I injured my hip, I thought going to the gym was for wimps."
                          Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
                          Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
                          Bo Jackson

Comment

• Here's a cool trivia...

The Cubs have won four straight games by six or more runs.

Last time they did that? August 1886.

Looks like we're gonna see a "magical" season by the Cubs...
                            Last edited by The Splendid Splinter; 04-23-2008, 02:49 PM.
                            "Back before I injured my hip, I thought going to the gym was for wimps."
                            Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
                            Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
                            Bo Jackson

Comment

• Originally posted by The Splendid Splinter View Post
                              Here's a cool trivia...

The Cubs have won four straight games by six or more runs.

Last time they did that? August 1886.

Looks like we're gonna see a special season by the Cubs...
                              And we all remember what an amazing season 1886 was for the Chicago White Stockings. That season we finished 90-34 at West Side Park, decades before Weegham/Wrigley in 1914/1916. Our manager/1B Cap Anson was an amazing offensive force even at 34 years old (in 504 AB, 35 2b/.11 3B/10 HR/117 R/147 RBI/29 SB .371/.433/.544/.977). Anson was five years older than any other starter on the team.

Of course in 1886, we had 5 total pitchers for the season. Clarkson throwing 466 2/3 IP, McCormick throwing 347 2/3 IP, Flynn 257 IP, Ryan 23 2/3 IP, and Williamson 3 IP.
                              What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                              Line Drive: .356
                              HBP: .342
                              Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                              Intentional Walk: .176
                              Outfield Fly: .035
                              Groundball: -.101
                              Bunts: -.103
                              Infield Fly: -.243
                              Strikeout: -.287
                              It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
                                And we all remember what an amazing season 1886 was for the Chicago White Stockings.
                                Like it was yesterday.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X