X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Splendid Splinter
    replied
    Originally posted by Cajun Cubbie View Post
    Soto just continues to impress. He hit his 15th homer, which broke the Cubs rookie record set by Rafael Palmeiro in 1987 when he hit 14.

Cubs are off tomorrow and will host Cincy for a 3-game series starting Tuesday.
    Just a little FYI...

"Soto has 14 homers, the first time a Cubs rookie has reached that number since Rafael Palmeiro hit 14 in 1987. Randy Hundley holds the Cubs rookie catcher homer mark of 19, set in 1966. The team record for homers by a rookie is 25, set by Hall of Famer Billy Williams in 1961"

He just has the most HRs for a Cubs rookie since Palmeiro, not breaking it. I can see Soto breaking Hundley's record, but I'm not totally sure if he'll break Williams's, but I certainly hope he does though and have a very good chance.

Brewers look scary now with Sabathia coming their way. It seems like Brewers didn't have to give up much for him, but I could be wrong. Now IMO it seems like the Cubs will have to answer that with a trade of their own, but who are we looking at in terms of SPs?

Anybody been hearing any rumors? Bob? Maybe you can help me out here...

Leave a comment:

• Cajun Cubbie
    replied
    A very convincing win today in taking the series. That took the sting out of yesterday's loss.

I was impressed with Marshall the most...he allowed just 1 run over 6 innings. Cotts, Marmol and Howry all pitched scoreless innings.

Good to see A-Ram coming out of that slump. In the last 2 games he's 3-for-8 with 5 RBIs.

Soto just continues to impress. He hit his 15th homer, which broke the Cubs rookie record set by Rafael Palmeiro in 1987 when he hit 14.

Cubs are off tomorrow and will host Cincy for a 3-game series starting Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    too bad we couldnt get the sweep, but I'll take the series win. good win today by the cubs.

Leave a comment:

• Next Century Is Here
    replied
    O.K. 4 more runs will do - that's one way to keep these Cards down. Great series win, come in 2.5 up and leave 3.5 up. Marshall, Marmol looked great, great small ball, and bats.

Yesterday we were crying in our soup today we're flying high. You gotta love this game

Leave a comment:

• Next Century Is Here
    replied
    Wow, these Cards are tough to keep down. Top of the seventh 3-1, let's get some more runs!

Leave a comment:

• Cubsfan97
    replied
    We better get them tomorrow, that was sickening, course, I figured Wood was due for a bad game, hes had so many good ones in a row, I wa sjust hoping it wouldnt be an imprtant game like today!

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    yeah it was a tough one today.

Leave a comment:

• Cajun Cubbie
    replied
    BOTTOM OF THE NINTH INNING

Wood in to pitch for the Cubs
    Ludwick walked
    Molina walked, Ludwick to second
    Kennedy doubled to down the left field line , Ludwick scored, Molina to third
    Duncan (pinch hitting for McClellan) walked (intentionally)
    Schumaker grounded into a FC, Molina out at home, Kennedy to third, Duncan to second
    Miles (pinch hitting for Ryan) popped out to shortstop
    Ankiel singled to center field , Kennedy & Duncan scored

3 runs 2 hits 0 errors 2 men left on base

Merry Christmas Cardinals

Leave a comment:

• Next Century Is Here
    replied
    Cubs Lose A Heartbreaker

Ouch, this one hurt. Up two runs going into the ninth with Kerry Wood pitching and we lose it. That half inning resulted in a two game swing in the standings. What could have been a 4.5 game lead is now back down to 2.5.

Leave a comment:

• Cajun Cubbie
    replied
    Big Z turned in another dominating outing against the Cards. Since 2005 he's 8-0, 1.37 aginst them. Lou said he would have the pitch count around 90 and he ended up at 87. Looked like he could have pitched all night long. Before the game, Piniella said Zambrano would throw 90 pitches, and he was pulled after 87.

I thought that A-Ram would get back to hitting the ball well since taking a leave for the birth of his son but he's now 0-for-22 in his last 6 games. He's last hit and RBI was at home on June 25 against the Orioles. We need him to get going again.

Fukudome hasn't really been much better. He was 4-for-25 coming into this series. That 1st inning HR was big considering it was such a low scoring game.

Soto's 14 HRs are the most by a Cubs rookie since Rafael Palmeiro who hit 14 total in 1987. He'll probably break that before the All-Star break.

Leave a comment:

• wrigleybum
    replied
    The Brewers keep on winning though....I've been saying all season, even when they were in last place, that the Brewers were the team I am most scared of. I think we are better than them, but they worry me.

The Cards are exceeding their ability right now, I think. I know LaRussa is a good coach and can get a team to be more than the sum of their parts...but I just can't see it this season. According to their Pythagorean expectation they should be 46-42, not 49-39. These things usually even out over time (not always though...), and I just can't see the Cards being a threat in September.

Leave a comment:

• Next Century Is Here
    replied
    Cubs vs Cards

Biz Z looked great coming back, now we have to face Lohse with Lilly on the mound. He is going to have to be at his best, and we are going to need to be patient at the plate to win this one. Let's put some more distance between us and the Cards today!

Leave a comment:

• otis89
    replied
    Great win tonight! Nice to put a little distance back between the Cubs and Cards. I need to updated my sig, too!

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    nice to see the cubs win a close one on the road. held on during that crazy fireworks there at the end.

Leave a comment:

• nathanKent
    replied
    Soto is back on his game tonight, making great contact. I'm a smallball fan, but it's nice to see the same kind of power we had in 2004.... Lee and Soriano with 15 each, Soto and Ramirez with 14 each, and DeRosa with a surprising 10 and easily on pace to a career season.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X