• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cajun Cubbie
    replied
    Series Matchup
    Cubs (51-35) @ Cardinals (49-38)

Friday, July 4 (7:15 pm CT)
    Carlos Zambrano (8-3, 3.13) vs. Braden Looper (9-5, 4.26)

Saturday, July 5 (2:55 pm CT)
    Ted Lilly (9-5, 4.56) vs. Kyle Lohse (10-2, 3.67)

Sunday, July 6 (2:15 pm CT)
    Sean Marshall (0-2, 4.87) vs. Todd Wellemeyer (7-3, 3.86)

Series Preview
    Cardinals leads the season series 2-1.

Cubs have won 8 of their last 12 games in St. Louis.

Cubs are 6-12 in last 18 road games and 2-8 in the last 10.

Carlos Zambrano comes off the DL (strained right shoulder) to make his first start since June 18. He's 4-1, 1.05 in career road games against St. Louis allowing no more than 2 runs in any of his 8 starts.

Aaron Miles is on a 15-game hitting streak is tied for the longest active one in the majors.

Albert Pujols ranks second in the league with a .442 average vs. left-handers.

Opposing hitters are batting .186 against Kerry Wood.

After a 1-4 start, Lilly is 8-1 since May. He's allowed just 4runs in his previous 3 road starts.

Aramis Ramirez is hitless in his last 21 at-bats.

Cardinals closer Jason Isringhausen leads the league with 7blown saves.

Leave a comment:

• Cajun Cubbie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Pico
    replied
    Good thing we won last night, because today's matchup against Lincecum is TOUGH. He is nails.

Leave a comment:

• nightotter
    replied
    Marquis pitches a good game and the bats go dead, now aint that the Devil's piss.

Leave a comment:

• nathanKent
    replied
    For those who were watching gameday rather than the actual game, it's worth mentioning that there were a few really dodgy defensive efforts tonight. Nothing intentional and nothing borne out of lack of effort, but we were a little Royalsesque tonight. I felt that Edmonds just flat ran out of steam on the double that bounced over the wall. Cedeno wasn't exactly stellar at SS tonight either. Ward did better in LF than I expected, but I don't expect much defensively from LF anymore anyways.

Leave a comment:

• Next Century Is Here
    replied
    Marquis pitched well. I didn't expect it, in fact I thought it would be a hit-fest. I felt they would hit Marquis and we would Cain. Shows how much I know.

Giants played good small ball, great base running and we did nothing until the 9th and that was too little too late.

Let's see what Dempster shows us tomorrow after the beating he took at Cellular. I'm looking for him to come out on a mission.

Correia's pitching well of late so we could have another close one on our hands. If not you might not be hearing from me for a while. (~:

Leave a comment:

• nathanKent
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Pico View Post
    Actually I am not watching, but looking on Gameday.....he looks like he is pitching well. Is that the case? Marquis given up only 1 hit, 2 BB through 5, and only run on Double-Steal that was really off Soto.
    He wasn't electric, but definitely good enough. We need to recover form on road games PDQ.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Pico
    replied
    Actually I am not watching, but looking on Gameday.....he looks like he is pitching well. Is that the case? Marquis given up only 1 hit, 2 BB through 5, and only run on Double-Steal that was really off Soto.

Leave a comment:

• nathanKent
    replied
    Sean Marshall is beatboxing in the dugout.

Leave a comment:

• nathanKent
    replied
    Originally posted by yankees_boi213 View Post
    and i am also a cubs fan, not just a yankees fan
    Good to have you aboard. Every AL fan should have an NL team too, and vice versa.

Leave a comment:

• nightotter
    replied
    Jason Marquis tonight. Can you hear my grinding teeth? :crossfingers:

Leave a comment:

• yankees_boi213
    replied
    its the cubs National League to Lose. The DBacks got off to a hot start but arent as good and i think the mets are the only other real threat to the cubs but since they dont know wut theyr doing its definatly the Cubs N.L. to lose. if soriano can stay healthy wehn he gets back and with zambrano and dempster doing their stuff it looks like an easy path through the NLDS and NLCS to the WS. Just hope they dont have to play Boston.

and i am also a cubs fan, not just a yankees fan

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Pico
    replied
    Lilly has been pretty good lately, that start against the Orioles was bad, but overall he has been pretty good lately.

Marquis is up next; 4 solid starts, followed by a complete meltdown. Hopefully he feels Sean Marshall breathing down his neck and puts a solid outing out.

I would like a sweep, but that Thursday game will be tough. Lincecum is VERY GOOD.

If the Giants had any kind of offense or bullpen, they could be scary, because the top of their rotation is very good.

Leave a comment:

• Next Century Is Here
    replied
    Originally posted by RBi View Post
    I don't know guys, I read Lou's lips and he said the magic word a couple times as he was running to argue balls and strikes

Lou was heading back to the dugout but it was ONLY because he had already gotten his point across.

I hate that... but I am more concerned with the teams lack of clutch hitting all of a sudden..

If this is the dry spell before the break I can take it... just as long as it get dripping wet with 2 out hits with RISP very VERY SOON!

Like I'm thinking in the next 4 games in the bay area...
    You're right RBI, we have not had timely hitting lately. But you have to go back to the Toronto Series. After that we went to Cooperstown for what turn out to be a bus ride, then to Flordia for a three game series where the mental midgets that set up the schedule had us play get-away-day at night and come home to play a day game against the Sox. We still swept the Sox after all that - talk about timely hitting how about Rameriz going yard in the ninth. We had a let down series against the Orioles and then got it handed to us on the south side. But tonight DeRosa carried them on a 2 home run night and Lilly ptiched great.

As far as getting to the All-Star break in good shape - even if we go .500 to the break we'll still be 56-39 - not too bad.

I think these guys are the real deal. We just need to stay healthy. Forget all the b.s from the past, no more curse or black cat, or goat or Bartman. That was last century. Next Century Is Here - the Century of the CUBS!

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    Originally posted by mandrake View Post
    Lou has been around the block. He knew what he was doing. The ump had to bounce him, period. If Lou was not tossed, the home plate ump loses control of the game. I don't care if it was a minor league ump or a little league ump, you come out to argue balls and strikes and you're gone. I don't dispute that Lou was correct as far as the call, but you can't argue balls and strikes.
    there is leeway. You're not supposed to argue balks either, but you dont see managers run every time they come out to argue a balk. A real ump will say "hey you cant argue balls and strikes" and then if he continues to yap, you run him. The first base umpire handled it right, not the home plate ump.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X