replied
    Oh my, that curveball from Marshall was beautiful. Made me say "ouch."

Leave a comment:

• Cajun Cubbie
    replied
    Series Matchup
    Orioles (38-36) @ Cubs (48-28)

Tuesday, June 23 (7:05 p.m.)
    Jeremy Guthrie (3-7, 3.51) vs. Sean Marshall (0-0, 4.15)

Wednesday, June 24 (7:05 p.m.)
    Brian Burres (6-5, 5.24) vs. Ted Lilly (7-5, 4.71)

Thursday, June 25 (1:20 p.m.)
    Radhames Liz (1-0, 6.27) vs. Jason Marquis (6-3, 4.43)

Series Notes
    Chicago took two of three games in the teams’ lone interleague series in 2003, played in Baltimore.

The Cubs have won 14 straight home games for the first time since June 4 – July 10, 1936 and are 13-7 this month. They also have the best home record in the majors at 32-8.

The Cubs are hitting .311 at home and averaging 6.5 runs per game at Wrigley.

Aramis Ramirez has hit at least one home run in each of his last three games – marking the first time he has achieved the feat since July 20-22, 2006.

The Orioles are 12-8 in June, scoring 5.3 runs per game. They have hit 40 points higher in NL ball parks (.293) than AL parks (.253) since the beginning of last season.

Brian Roberts, currently working on a 10-game hitting streak, has now stolen at least 20 bases in six consecutive seasons.

Leave a comment:

• SABR Matt
    replied
    LOL...had a feeling someone would say that.

Piniella's a smart guy though...he managed to get Fontenot in there at the right time this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• nathanKent
    replied
    Originally posted by SABR Matt View Post
    BTW, I was refuting the idea that Cesar would be better than Theriot...I agree with you that having him around as a utility infielder is fine.

There are worse options.
    Yeah. Mike Fontenot.

Leave a comment:

• SABR Matt
    replied
    BTW, I was refuting the idea that Cesar would be better than Theriot...I agree with you that having him around as a utility infielder is fine.

There are worse options.

Leave a comment:

• SABR Matt
    replied
    Which defensive stats are you looking at?

PMR shows Izturis as a good giant step behind Adam Everett in terms of plays saved. THT's zone metric RZR shows Cesar Izturis at .844 this year and .861 for Everett...and thta's the closest together they've ever been.

Leave a comment:

• nathanKent
    replied
    Originally posted by SABR Matt View Post
    You can't just look at batting average. Not only is Izturis a .260 hitter...he's a .260 hittre who doesn't walk, doesn't hit for ANY power and I have yet to see any real evidence that he's such a great fielder that any of that can be tolerated. He's not Adam Everett...he's not adding 5 wins a year with his glove.
    I disagree with you on his glove. Defensive stats aren't necessarily telling of actual ability, but it's worthy of mention that he and Everett post roughly the same stats across the board. Again, maybe not as a starter, but certainly as a serviceable backup....

Leave a comment:

• SABR Matt
    replied
    This is the same ass who in preparing to face newly promoted "King" Felix Hernandez, said "This kid isn't so special. Call me when he proves he can get out real players."

Ozzie Guillen and Hawk Harrelson are perfect for each other. Classless, arrogant, annoying, and typical of the White Sox.

GUH!

Leave a comment:

• RBi
    replied
    Originally posted by otis89 View Post
    Sweeping the Sox out of Wrigley after all the trash-talking they did was a beautiful thing.
    I am glad someone else thought that too! Where I am from you give the other team credit when they beat you.. and when they do good while beating you..

The Sox seam to trash talk them... Ozzie diss'd Edmonds when he hit two home runs in the same inning.. everything this guy says does not have to be controversial... too bad he doesn't see that...

Then Vazquez diss'd the northside's lineup by claiming he isn't worried bout the cubs lineup.. "go look in the American league there are more potent lineups over there"

Shut up and pitch... 5 runs 4 earned 4 walks... if they are not that potent.. how about finding the strike zone.. and see what happens then...

Oh instant classic... Ozzie says of Edmonds.. "He doesn't scare me, I would pitch to him any day" then, in the next game he intentionally walks Edmonds to face Soto...

idiot.

Leave a comment:

• SABR Matt
    replied
    You can't just look at batting average. Not only is Izturis a .260 hitter...he's a .260 hittre who doesn't walk, doesn't hit for ANY power and I have yet to see any real evidence that he's such a great fielder that any of that can be tolerated. He's not Adam Everett...he's not adding 5 wins a year with his glove.

Leave a comment:

• nathanKent
    replied
    I never understood the Izzy hatred. He's a .260 hitter, which doesn't strike me as terrible for a solid defensive SS. At a bare minimum he's a solid backup a la Henry Blanco. As to whether or not we're better off with Theriot, at this stage I'd say we probably are. Last year, on the other hand, when Cedeno was batting like a slightly less interesting Jason Dubois, I can guarantee you we were better off with Izzy. And during those three games with Fontenot at SS where he rocked an awesome .500 FP with two errors, we would have been better off with a set of Dusty's Dice.

Leave a comment:

• SABR Matt
    replied
    I admit to being very pleased to say "BAD Guys...getting swept!"...God I hate Hawk Harrelson. :\

Leave a comment:

• otis89
    replied
    Sweeping the Sox out of Wrigley after all the trash-talking they did was a beautiful thing.

Leave a comment:

• wrigleybum
    replied
    I don't have much faith in him as a hitter either...which is why I hope he continues to be locked in, as you say, so we can sell him for more than he is worth, hopefully for a starter at the TD.

Leave a comment:

• SABR Matt
    replied
    Patterson is a bit of an enigma from my outsider's perspective...TERRIBLE eye ratio in the minors...especially lately (negative trend is bad), line drive power in the minors, good solid speed...he doesn't look to me like the kind of guy who can hit for a high average in the majors...but...he must be locked in right now or Piniella is just finding him the perfect days to start because he looks a lot better live. LOL

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X