X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockin500
    replied
    Originally posted by wrigleybum View Post
    Came on here after Marmol came in to say, "this is why we shouldn't have pitched him yesterday!"

And as my computer is loading up he goes 1-2-3 and looks great. Hmm...

Hopefully we can take this one, sweeping the best team in baseball would be a good momentum builder.
    marmol looked studly today. he wont be pitching tomorrow, but he did his job today.

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    and daryl ward comes through again! i thought that was going out at first. oh well, got two runs out of it.

Leave a comment:

• wrigleybum
    replied
    Wow that bunt by Fukudome was a thing of beauty. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• wrigleybum
    replied
    Came on here after Marmol came in to say, "this is why we shouldn't have pitched him yesterday!"

And as my computer is loading up he goes 1-2-3 and looks great. Hmm...

Hopefully we can take this one, sweeping the best team in baseball would be a good momentum builder.

Leave a comment:

• nathanKent
    replied
    So who is the worse singer--Tony Romo, or his ex-gf's little sister?

Leave a comment:

• nathanKent
    replied
    Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
    looks like both teams are writing todays game off and hope for the best as neither of the scheduled starter is out there. gallagher is going for the cubs

I wouldnt doubt if the game gets delayed again due to the fact its supposed to rain this afternoon with 40 mph winds (blowing straight in).
    I'm liking this backup pitcher, spring training kind of game. Pie did something I haven't seen him do much before today--he followed the ball all the way to the bat with his eyes.

Leave a comment:

• nathanKent
    replied
    Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
    again, sometimes thats the product of the pitcher on the mound. If he's attacking the zone (and he seemed to be for the most part) than you arent going to get many walks anyways.
    We're down overall over the past week and a half. We were getting 30+ a week, and this week thus far I have us at 19. I suppose we could rectify that today, but we're not showing the same consistency.

Originally posted by Chunga View Post
    I think Lou wanted to see how Dempster would handle the jam. I've only seen him pitch one game before this, but he never got in a jam like this. It's good to know what your pitcher is about - especially if they make the playoffs.

Now that Lou knows, I hope he won't run him out that long again.
    I had seen him pitch himself into a situation like this once before (it might have been in Spring Training), and he had a hell of a lot of trouble bailing himself out. So if that was a test, fair enough. I just don't want to see that again unless he's absolutely electric and is refusing to be pulled.

The thing that got me was running Marmol out there in the 9th with a five run lead. They play everyday for the next 11 days - I know Lou doesn't trust alot of his bullpen yet, but c'mon, don't tax Marmol this much. Plus, if they need him tomorrow, that's one more inning Arizona has seen his stuff, which makes him a bit more hittable (but if he pitches like he did today, then not really).
    Troof. Wuertz should have gotten the nod.

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
    Lou will be the death of Marmol or his crowner. Uncle Lou has a long history of riding his best reliever to either the sunset or until career ending injury. Let it be known that Marmol is Lou's guy, if there is a situation, no matter how much Carlos has pitched prior, Lou will go to him until he breaks. Lou works just like the old days, ride the horse til it dies. Carlos Marmol is his horse and Lou had ridden him night and day, day and night for the better course of a season and a quarter. I hate to be a pessimist but Carlos' mane will be broken and I hope I'm not watching the game when it happens. Marmol is arm we should be nourishing and going to at times of need, not in blowouts. With Lou at the the helm, I'm scared for Marmol.
    I'm plugging my ears and pretending I didn't hear that.

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    looks like both teams are writing todays game off and hope for the best as neither of the scheduled starter is out there. gallagher is going for the cubs

I wouldnt doubt if the game gets delayed again due to the fact its supposed to rain this afternoon with 40 mph winds (blowing straight in).

Leave a comment:

• Bob Sacamento
    replied
    The thing that got me was running Marmol out there in the 9th with a five run lead. They play everyday for the next 11 days - I know Lou doesn't trust alot of his bullpen yet, but c'mon, don't tax Marmol this much. Plus, if they need him tomorrow, that's one more inning Arizona has seen his stuff, which makes him a bit more hittable (but if he pitches like he did today, then not really).
    Lou will be the death of Marmol or his crowner. Uncle Lou has a long history of riding his best reliever to either the sunset or until career ending injury. Let it be known that Marmol is Lou's guy, if there is a situation, no matter how much Carlos has pitched prior, Lou will go to him until he breaks. Lou works just like the old days, ride the horse til it dies. Carlos Marmol is his horse and Lou had ridden him night and day, day and night for the better course of a season and a quarter. I hate to be a pessimist but Carlos' mane will be broken and I hope I'm not watching the game when it happens. Marmol is arm we should be nourishing and going to at times of need, not in blowouts. With Lou at the the helm, I'm scared for Marmol.

Leave a comment:

• wrigleybum
    replied
    I think Lou wanted to see how Dempster would handle the jam. I've only seen him pitch one game before this, but he never got in a jam like this. It's good to know what your pitcher is about - especially if they make the playoffs.

I don't think it really matters if Arizona had an extra inning to see his stuff...he probably won't face the same hitters if he pitches tomorrow. What gets me is that its his second game in a row, if you pitch him tomorrow thats three in a row and he will need a rest for sure. What if the next game is close and we need him in the 8th? I think Lou took this gamble because he trusts Big Z to go far tomorrow, but that still doesn't justify the decision.

Leave a comment:

• Chunga
    replied
    Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
    Looks like Lou went Dusty and left Demp in there too long. 118 pitches by the end of the 6th, and gave up 2 ERs in the 6th.

Still, that's a quality start. Run support is a requirement, especially with the hitters we have. They're falling back on their old ways.... BBs are down and SOs are up.

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
    Still not enough BBs though--Fukudome drew the sole walk.
    again, sometimes thats the product of the pitcher on the mound. If he's attacking the zone (and he seemed to be for the most part) than you arent going to get many walks anyways.

Leave a comment:

• nathanKent
    replied
    That 7th inning is incontrovertible proof that the whole team is reading my posts on here. I say run support, they bring run support.

Still not enough BBs though--Fukudome drew the sole walk.

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    Hughie Jennings holds the single season record for HBP, getting beaned 51 times in 1896. He got hit 46 times in both 1897 and 1898. He holds the career record of 287, just two above Craig Biggio. This guy clearly knew how to take one for the team.

By the way, Reed Johnson did lead the league in HBP in 2006, with 21.
    back when it must have hurt unlike now when theres a lot of padding.

Leave a comment:

• Scartissue
    replied
    Hugh Jennings holds the single season record for HBP, getting beaned 51 times in 1896. He got hit 46 times in both 1897 and 1898. He holds the career record of 287, just two above Craig Biggio. This guy clearly knew how to take one for the team.

By the way, Reed Johnson did lead the league in HBP in 2006, with 21.
    Cool. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X