Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my, that curveball from Marshall was beautiful. Made me say "ouch."

Comment

• Damn! MArk makes me wanna be a basbeall player now! lol.
      "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

• Funy...we're all badmouthing Edmonds and he goes yard again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mokena View Post
          Oh my, that curveball from Marshall was beautiful. Made me say "ouch."
          I thought the same thing...

there were a couple that caught my eye... but the one (i am sure you are talking about too..) was just NASTY
          BELIEVE

Comment

• i think im going to be sick now.
            BELIEVE

Comment

• Man, that was a painful final inning. Ronny Cedeno looking like the Ronny of old. If it's above your chin, you probably shouldn't swing at it pal. And if Fukudome would have leaned in/not spun away from that pitch that almost hit him it could have ended differently. Of course he would probably be on the DL then but whatever...

Comment

• I'm a huge Hank fan and not at all an ePat fan, but I don't get that substitution.
                Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

• Originally posted by nathanKent View Post
                  I'm a huge Hank fan and not at all an ePat fan, but I don't get that substitution.
                  Yea at least give him a chance to make up for his defensive blunder that cost us. When Blanco went up there I knew there was a 1% chance he would get a hit/walk/hbp/draw a balk/see a wild pitch/ect.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrigleybum View Post
                    Yea at least give him a chance to make up for his defensive blunder that cost us. When Blanco went up there I knew there was a 1% chance he would get a hit/walk/hbp/draw a balk/see a wild pitch/ect.
                    In Blanco's defense his plate appearances have been better this year.... more consistent and more patient. But what did Lou expect from him? The bases were loaded.... far too much potential to ground into an easy forceout. With Patterson there was a much better chance of a HR or even just an advance of the runners. A single into RF would have scored two. MLB's hit chart isn't working right now, but I don't recall seeing Henry hit a lot into RF. He's more of a shallow left hitter, right?

Bad call by Lou. Maybe Patterson got traded in the 8th and had to be called back in, like Jody Gerut a couple of years ago.
                    Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

Comment

• good to get back on the winning track.

and MAN did Woody look completely filthy there in the ninth.

Comment

• Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
                        good to get back on the winning track.

and MAN did Woody look completely filthy there in the ninth.
                        Nice it is nice to get back on track... Good game. Woody did look filthy.

Marmol looked a lot better tonight than the past couple appearances. Hopefully he's back on track now with his mechanics.

Soto finally had a couple RBIs hits. We struck out a little too much, but we walked just as much so it evens it out.

Edmonds had a great game at the plate tonight. 3 walks and a HR... He finally pull one a little to left center with that HR. Lou better just ride on him until he cools down like he did with Reed Johnson earlier this year. Maybe Edmonds does have a little bit left in the tank.
                        "Back before I injured my hip, I thought going to the gym was for wimps."
                        Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
                        Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
                        Bo Jackson

Comment

• This 3rd inning is why I hate the Intentional Walk. Except in late-inning, run doesn't matter situations, it comes back to bit you more often than not. A SABR guy could probably PROVE it with numbers, because I have seen it, but it's just a bad idea.

Comment

• Especially when Meltdown Marquis is on the mound...

Comment

• good thing this only counts for one loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrigleybum View Post
                                Especially when Meltdown Marquis is on the mound...
                                to semi-quote Denny Green: He was what we thought he was....

my dad (Cards fan) laughed his butt off when he heard the Cubs picked up Marquis

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X