No announcement yet.

2008 Chicago Cubs Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I personally am not a big Daryle Ward fan, if we were to have a backup outfielder I really would have preferred Eric Patterson. Given we don't have Patterson anymore and he was actually a 2B by trade but Ward never seems to be very good in the clutch which would seem to be something quite necessary for a player who's typically a pinch hitter.
    EAMUS CATULI

AC000000 IN 2008 2009 2010!!!!!

Comment

• Today's game was great. Ramirez and Soto got out of their 0-fers, Lee hit a homer, and that grand slam by Reed Johnson was downright sexy but most importantly we got a road win which we're going to need to keep doing come the Brewers series in Milwaukee. I was getting a little concerned there for a while but if we can start winning on the road and start doing it consistently we'll be all but unstoppable.
      EAMUS CATULI

Comment

• So for most of the season the Cardinals have been dogging the Cubs at every turn, even snatching first place from them in May. Now they finally start looking like they are going to collapse and it doesn't even matter because the Brewers start playing like they should be playing. Sometimes I think it just isn't fair.

Comment

• Yeah Houston just went ahead on the Brewers, hopefully they can hold that lead.

Eerily similar things happened last year but in reverse. Cubs were in 3 place and then they chased down the leader, finally catching up with them at the end of July. Hopefully we don't have the same nerve-racking dance we had last year, where the Cubs and Brewers were under 2 games apart for about 50 out of 52 games at one point. I would much rather see the Cubs open up a 6 game lead or so. Somebody go get Turnbow and have him suit up for the Brewers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
            So for most of the season the Cardinals have been dogging the Cubs at every turn, even snatching first place from them in May. Now they finally start looking like they are going to collapse and it doesn't even matter because the Brewers start playing like they should be playing. Sometimes I think it just isn't fair.
            two teams are coming out of the central.

Comment

• Perhaps but NY seems to have right there ship, Philly is right there behind them, and depending on how this series goes with the Marlins they could very well be not too far behind either.

Comment

• So who all saw Samardzija pitch today and liked what they saw? Given he blew the save but the real reason we lost was when Howry struck that guy out in the 9th and didn't get it called a strikeout so two pitches later the guy at the plate gets a homer. But anyway Samardzija's fast ball was downright amazing 96-98 with that late movement on it and a curveball in the 80's, it may even be 12 to 6 I couldn't quite tell he only threw it once that I remember. He reminds me of Kerry Wood 10 years ago. Good things are going to come from this kid and I wouldn't be at all shocked if he's in the rotation next year if he can pitch in the bigs like he could in AAA. Next year's rotation though, if we have Zambrano, Dempster, Harden, Lilly, and Samardzija that would be amazing. I realize I'm going solely on first impressions but so far I like what I see.
                EAMUS CATULI

Comment

• Postseason or bust

With new owners coming in Jim Henry and Lou Pinella better hope this team is playing in October. This team has not showed enough life the last 10 games. It has been hell to watch. It is very frustrating.
                  Last edited by Cubs1945; 07-26-2008, 06:01 PM. Reason: misspell

Comment

• Cubs Slipping

The cubbies have been dropping off ever since the All-Star break. They better pick it up and get back to playing the way they were before Milwaukee is closing fast.

Comment

• good win today. marquis kinda sucked, but he did keep the team in the game, which is all you can ask for on a day like today.

Smardjzia certainly looked filthy today. And nice to see the big guns show up with the bats, and for teams to keep on underestimating the strength of fontenot.

Comment

• Looks like the big bats are coming alive at just the right time for the Cubs.

Comment

• whew! that was a close one there at the end.

excellent win.

Comment

• The last couple days shows why we missed Soriano so much. He always gets his hits in bunches, if he starts one of his hot streaks, look out.

Comment

• A win today would be huge...beating C.C. and Sheets would pretty much show who's division this is to win. C'mon Cubbies!

Comment

• AWESOME WIN LAST NIGHT!!!!

Let's hope they can pull off another one tonight with Zambrano going against Sheets, an even better pitching matchup than last night.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X