No announcement yet.

2008 Chicago Cubs Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These two wins have been HUGE wins for us. These wins go far beyond gaining ground in the Central.

We have beaten two aces. Against a playoff quality team. On the road, in a playoff environment.

These are the kind of games that we see in the postseason. If we can carry over these last two games into October, we will be ending the streak. I can't tell you how happy I am right now.

Comment

• Just like we did in 2003 with the Cards.

Comment

• wow way to be a buzz kill dude lol
        EAMUS CATULI

AC000000 IN 2008 2009 2010!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
          Just like we did in 2003 with the Cards.
          I'm sure you are refering to the five game series, but that series I believe was at Wrigley.

My point is that we have been struggling on the road this season, and it was a big concern that we would struggle on the road in the postseason, but we just won two games on the road against two aces.

Comment

• There's still a way to go, it's still early, but getting a nice cushion in the division would not hurt at all.

As for that 2003 series with the Cards, the Cubs still need Antonio Alfonseca back to go out and run into an umpire for every bad call.

Comment

• Cubs have a 5-1 lead with runners on second and third and two outs in the top of the 6th. It's not over yet, but things are looking good to clinch this series here.

Comment

• It's done, 7-2 Cubs. I hope this is the turning point where we really get ahead of the other teams in our division...otherwise I'm going to have a heart attack.

Comment

• If we want to bury the division, August is key. We have 19 home games, and not alot of good teams in there. Other than home series vs. STL and PHIL, and a road series at FLA, it's all sub .500 ballclubs, including 6 homes games against Pirates and Nats pitching. Yah!

Comment

• The Cubs have laid the smack down on the Brewers! Let's get the sweep tomorrow!

Comment

• The Cubs really looked in control last night. It was really sweet to see them plate those two runs in the 9th. After stranding so many runners during the game it would have been easy to pack it in and take the 5-1 lead into the bottom of the 9th. Blanco's double and Cedeno's PH single to right and they were in business.
                      Dempster turning in another good road performance was also encouraging.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Pico View Post
                        If we want to bury the division, August is key. We have 19 home games, and not alot of good teams in there. Other than home series vs. STL and PHIL, and a road series at FLA, it's all sub .500 ballclubs, including 6 homes games against Pirates and Nats pitching. Yah!
                        Amen. We really need to open up the lead this month, because our September is brutal.

Comment

• Wow, Jim Edmonds is quickly turning into a favorite of mine, 2 home runs including a grand slam and 5 total RBIs. Looks like he was as sick as I was that Rich Harden couldn't get a win on the Cubs yet due to circumstances mostly outside of his control. The Cubs are in position to complete the sweep, although there's still 14 outs to get, Harden looks like he isn't going to let them score.

Comment

• nice to see the offense come through.

good job in bush league gagne! f'n idiot!

Comment

• I know some of it has to do with Sori coming back to the lineup, but the Cubs really impressed me this week. As I type, it's 9-1 and the Cubs should cruise to a 4-game road sweep of the Brewers. Despite what Lou and the TV guys say, I think this series was huge. It was, essentially, a playoff series and the Cubs elevated their play big-time. Pitching, hitting, defense - it all went up a notch. Really shows what the Cubs are about and what they can do. Bodes well for October. The Cubs played like it was a statement series and sent a big message to the rest of the league.

And not for nothing, but I'm really starting to hate the Brewers. But not entirely for the usual reasons - their uniforms are terrible. Half of them are wearing unis that are 2X too big and look like hobos. When Sheets was on the mound I wanted to hose him down and run him through a dryer to shrink his clothes. Tuck in a jersey, wear pants that fit - the Brewers look like saggy crap.

Comment

• four game sweep

The toughest thing to do in all sports is to sweep a team in a four game series at the opponent's park.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X