2008 Chicago Cubs Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chitownkid21 View Post
    Holy crap, dude, don't do that again you had me going until the very end there, I'm sitting here thinking that son a b**** I couldn't believe it lol.
    Really? No offense, but you're obviously very gullible.

Comment

• well, that was an eventful series finale!

Comment

• Well, it sounds like Bob Howry pitching to me, and look at the time stamp I read that at 1:30 in the morning come on.
        EAMUS CATULI

AC000000 IN 2008 2009 2010!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chitownkid21 View Post
          Well, it sounds like Bob Howry pitching to me, and look at the time stamp I read that at 1:30 in the morning come on.
          Well, there you go! Stop reading stuff at 1:30 in the morning.

Comment

• Come on guys, we need to pick it up tomorrow.

Comment

• Ugh, I couldn't even watch that game once it got to 5-2.

Comment

• If they could only quit hitting the ball in the perfect spot for a double play they might actually be able to get some runs.

Comment

• Interesting.
                  4-Run lead and Lou enters Wood in the 8th.
                  And then takes him out and in comes Marmol for the 9th.

But i do have to say with Gaudin Samardzija Marmol and Wood the Cubs have one awesome bullpen
                  10 14 23 26 31 31 42
                  1876 1880 1881 1882 1885 1886 1906 1907 1908 1910 1918
                  1929 1932 1935 1938 1945
                  1984 1989 1998 2003 2007 2008

Comment

• Good news coming from Cincy:
                    Dunn got traded to the D'Backs.

That means the Cubs won't see him until next year.

Oh how well this trade season has served the Cubs.
                    Dunn,Bay and Nady are gone while Manny and Dunn goes to the West.
                    The Cubs don't face the NLW until the playoffs.
                    10 14 23 26 31 31 42
                    1876 1880 1881 1882 1885 1886 1906 1907 1908 1910 1918
                    1929 1932 1935 1938 1945
                    1984 1989 1998 2003 2007 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by Solrac View Post
                      Good news coming from Cincy:
                      Dunn got traded to the D'Backs.

That means the Cubs won't see him until next year.

Oh how well this trade season has served the Cubs.
                      Dunn,Bay and Nady are gone while Manny and Dunn goes to the West.
                      The Cubs don't face the NLW until the playoffs.
                      Unfortunately, there's a pretty good chance the Cubs and D'Backs will meet in the NLDS. Dunn kills the Cubs, especially at Wrigley, and the D'Backs have some damn good starting pitching.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm suddenly finding myself really rooting on the Dodgers, even though they would be no picnic either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mild Sauce View Post
                          Yeah, I'm suddenly finding myself really rooting on the Dodgers, even though they would be no picnic either.
                          I don't have the stats handy, but most Dodgers pitchers have extreme home/road splits.

Comment

• I don't want to face the D-Backs, but not because of Adam Dunn, but because I don't want to face Haren and Webb 4 times in a 7-game series, not to mention Randy Johnson. THAT is what makes the D-Backs tough. Even with Dunn, their offense sucks, and their bullpen isn't that great either.

Comment

• Yeah, exactly, the D-Backs are just a tough team as far as pitching goes. They have a team that can put up some playoffs wins, just like the Padres had last year before Colorado knocked them out. As for Adam Dunn, he's probably the player in the league that gives me the most mixed emotions of anybody. He's a mediocre fielder, but he has huge power, but he also strikes out a lot, but then again, he still walks a lot, then he also hits for lower average. For every positive he seems to have a negative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Pico View Post
                                I don't want to face the D-Backs, but not because of Adam Dunn, but because I don't want to face Haren and Webb 4 times in a 7-game series, not to mention Randy Johnson. THAT is what makes the D-Backs tough. Even with Dunn, their offense sucks, and their bullpen isn't that great either.
                                I didn't want to face the D'Backs before they got Dunn either. Them getting Dunn just makes me want to face them less.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X