2008 Chicago Cubs Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Changed to Hit

I watched the Cubs lose yesterday afternoon. I was astounded to see the error was changed to a hit. Although Kerry Wood gave up the winning hit, he did his job and induced the ground ball for what should have been a double play.

Is it just me or was that a home field ruling by the official scorekeeper?

Comment

• With the season coming to an end... our magic number to clinch a playoff spot is down to 9. To clinch the division our magic number is 13.

This time 2 weeks ago I expected to clinch this week. But well being 2-8 in the last 10 games... sorta messed that up.
      BELIEVE

Comment

• Originally posted by cubmanjay View Post
        I watched the Cubs lose yesterday afternoon. I was astounded to see the error was changed to a hit. Although Kerry Wood gave up the winning hit, he did his job and induced the ground ball for what should have been a double play.

Is it just me or was that a home field ruling by the official scorekeeper?
        You know what, when things aren't going your way it seems like it, but I don't know if perception really matches reality. I mean, if we're up by 7 runs in that situation, you probably don't even notice it. Or if there's a bad call that allows the other team to score, but then you get 5 runs the next half inning, it's forgotten.

Comment

• Another tight rope act by Wood last night. Has he been hanging around with Randy Myers?

Comment

• Through all these trials and tribulations of the past two weeks the Cubs are basically right where they started before all this and have a lead that is pretty darn close to being equal to their biggest lead of the season.

Before the swoon the Cubs got to 6.5 games and now they have a 5.5 game lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
              Through all these trials and tribulations of the past two weeks the Cubs are basically right where they started before all this and have a lead that is pretty darn close to being equal to their biggest lead of the season.

Before the swoon the Cubs got to 6.5 games and now they have a 5.5 game lead.
              its always nice when the competition (minus the astros) swoon with you

Comment

• Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
                two teams are coming out of the central.
                It looks like by the end of tonight the Brewers will have fallen into a tie for the wild card.

So right now it is looking like either the Cubs will play LA in the first round or Philly. Don't really know which of the two is a better matchup right now. LA looks like a new team with Manny in the lineup and the Philles always play the Cubs tough.

Comment

• Zambrano has a no-hitter through 5.

Comment

It looks like by the end of tonight the Brewers will have fallen into a tie for the wild card.

So right now it is looking like either the Cubs will play LA in the first round or Philly. Don't really know which of the two is a better matchup right now. LA looks like a new team with Manny in the lineup and the Philles always play the Cubs tough.
                    yeah, im kinda shocked the brewers are looking THIS bad. as long as the cubs keep plugging away, i think they will be fine in the end no matter whom they match up with.

Comment

Zambrano has a no-hitter through 5.
                      now through 8. GO BIG Z!!!!

Comment

• ooh man, a no hitter into the 9th...

Comment

• no hitter! no hitter! Carlos Zambrano pitches a no hitter!
                          Last edited by nightotter; 09-14-2008, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• me thinks some october magic is starting to brew. Go BIZ Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• whoo hoo! what a performance!

Comment

• oh that game was so sweet and I got to watch the 9th inning and that was it because my freaking mlb extra innings from freaking comcast thought the game was postponed today so it wasn't shown, and then the website says it will be on wgn but there playing afv, guh seriously when it becomes my choice I'm moving back up to chicago

but still dude, go Big Z that was amazing especially against a team as hot as the Astros, if our pitching plays like this during October we're unstoppable
                                EAMUS CATULI

AC000000 IN 2008 2009 2010!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X