• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilly no hitter through 1

Comment

• Cubs Pitchers - no hits through 12 innings

Comment

• I think the old joke is going to have to change after this.

It is going to have to be:

Completely Unhittable By September.

Comment

• The Cubs are 5-8 since August 29th. On that day the Cubs had their biggest lead of the year at 6.5 games. Through their losing stretch the doom and gloom came up and yet at the end of play today the Cubs have their biggest lead of the year at 8 games. Funny how things turn out.

Cubs have 14 games left (well, probably 13 since they are not going to make up that Houston game), so they need to get 10 more wins to get to 100. They probably won't pull it off but hopefully they get 8 or so more wins.

Comment

• Nice to see Zambrano and Lilly both have pretty good outings.

Comment

• Now Dempster is doing very nice after the first three innings he's pitched, and the Cubs (as I speak) are up 3-0 with nobody out and Ramirez on second (after scoring 2 already), 1-0 on Soto.

Comment

• Cubs bullpen lately is just not making it easy for the Cubs

Comment

• Oh geez, Prince is up.

Please Kerry hold it together.

Comment

• What a game! If this is any indication of what the post season might be like...God help my heart.
                    Last edited by nightotter; 09-16-2008, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightotter View Post
                      What a game! If this is any indication of what the post season might like...God help my heart.
                      Yeah same here... If it's going be like that, I'm going to end up like Lou Brown in Major Leagues 2. Get a heart attack and then screaming and jumping all over in the hospital when the Cubs win.
                      "Back before I injured my hip, I thought going to the gym was for wimps."
                      Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
                      Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
                      Bo Jackson

Comment

• Wins tomorrow and Thursday will give the Cubs the division. Keep the defibrillator handy.

Comment

• Kerry Wood's 30-pitch 4+ baserunner "saves" aren't going to cut it in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by sopclod View Post
                            Kerry Wood's 30-pitch 4+ baserunner "saves" aren't going to cut it in the playoffs.
                            Surely not against the AL.

Comment

• Originally posted by G-String Blues View Post
                              Surely not against the AL.
                              Wood is a problem...should they try Marmol again? Samardzija? Big pressure for a rookie...
                              "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

• Originally posted by hellborn View Post
                                Wood is a problem...should they try Marmol again? Samardzija? Big pressure for a rookie...
                                cubs just need to have 8 run leads late in games.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X