X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cubmanjay
    replied
    Error Changed to Hit

I watched the Cubs lose yesterday afternoon. I was astounded to see the error was changed to a hit. Although Kerry Wood gave up the winning hit, he did his job and induced the ground ball for what should have been a double play.

Is it just me or was that a home field ruling by the official scorekeeper?

Leave a comment:

• sopclod
    replied
    It'd also be nice if Kerry Wood didn't give up three runs in the bottom of the 9th.

Is it just me, or does it seem like Howry's era should be about 7.00?

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    Originally posted by sopclod View Post
    This is a little more like it.
    itd be nice if the bullpen didnt give up 8 runs in the 8th/9th innings, though.

Leave a comment:

• sopclod
    replied
    This is a little more like it.

Leave a comment:

• otis89
    replied
    Welcome back, offense! We've missed you! 11-1 in the 8th!

Leave a comment:

• Ubiquitous
    replied
    3 homers and counting for Soriano tonight.

Leave a comment:

• nightotter
    replied
    9-1 Cubs are losing somewhere in the middle of the game. Could this be The Great Meltdown?

Leave a comment:

• Ubiquitous
    replied
    Tendinitis and inflammation

Leave a comment:

• Rennie Stennett
    replied
    I thought that Zambrano took himself out of the ball game in the fifth. I could have my facts wrong.

Leave a comment:

• sopclod
    replied
    Holy crap - is it me, or is NOTHING going the Cubs' way lately? This is starting to suck.

Leave a comment:

• Ubiquitous
    replied
    Because Zambrano missed an MRI?

Leave a comment:

• Rennie Stennett
    replied
    MRI for big Z

They said on the broadcast that Zambrano didn't make it to his scheduled MRI. Is the clubhouse blowing up ?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Sacamento
    replied
    Originally posted by kanderber View Post
    Soooo did you just make them up then?
    No, I already replied to your "vistor message" on my account. But since you didn't check it, here it is:

Those numbers come from the 2006 Hardball Times Annual in an article written by David Studenmurd entitled "What's a Batted Ball Worth".

As for the strikeout being worse than any other out, this data doesn’t deal in results, with the exceptions of walks and strikeouts. It deals in batted ball types. You can look at this data and clearly say that a strikeout is significantly worse than making contact. But you can not look at this data and say that a strikeout is significantly worse than a groundout to second base.

My own opinion is that a strikeout is the worst kind of out, but not by that much. Still it's not really what this table is talking about.

Leave a comment:

• kanderber
    replied
    Originally posted by kanderber View Post
    Bob -- where do you get those numbers in your sig from?
    Soooo did you just make them up then?

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    at least i didnt get any chance to see baseball from thursday until today, as i was in atlanta at this thing called dragoncon. lets just say that i didnt have much time except to catch a few highlights here n there

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X