Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cubs Legends DVD Box Set

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cubs Legends DVD Box Set

    Hey guys, this is my first thread here, so please forgive me if this has already been done.

    Does anyone have this box set? I was wondering if you believe the team or Major League Baseball could've chosen better games to add into the set. I really don't understand the logic by throwing in Derrek Lee's 5-5 game back in 2005.

    If anyone agrees with me, then my next question would be, which other games would you choose to add? I'm actually surprised the 2003 Central Division clincher wasn't in there, or at the very least the Cubs advancing to the NLCS that same season. I'm also disappointed the '98 Wild Card game wasn't in there, despite the fact that we did get two from that season already.

    As I said, I apologize if this was already brought up, and if it was feel free to ignore it. If it hasn't been brought up, then go ahead and discuss I like this place, I think I'll stick around for awhile!
    www.myspace.com/zeke5150

  • #2
    Welcome Zach. I haven't seen the box set, but any box set of top Cubs games should have Wood's 21 strikeout game. Is that in there? Unfortunately for me, I didn't get to see it, and only saw highlights and read about it.
    To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
      Welcome Zach. I haven't seen the box set, but any box set of top Cubs games should have Wood's 21 strikeout game. Is that in there? Unfortunately for me, I didn't get to see it, and only saw highlights and read about it.
      Yes, his 20 strikeout game is on there. It also has the '98 game when Sosa hit home runs number 61 and 62 (which to me, was the most exciting Cubs game I'd ever witnessed, with Grace hitting the game-winner in the tenth).

      There's a huge gap between 1989 and 1998. I'm not sure of any memorable games that occurred between that time other than both Sandberg and Harry's last game (I'm only 16 and started watching them around that period). There's also a gap between '98 and 2004, which I completely disagree with as 2003 had some memorable games, I'd say. Instead, we got a game of the boring 2005 season and Derrek Lee going 5-5. Woo-hoo </sarcasm>

      Thanks for the welcome! :cap:
      www.myspace.com/zeke5150

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
        Welcome Zach. I haven't seen the box set, but any box set of top Cubs games should have Wood's 21 strikeout game. Is that in there? Unfortunately for me, I didn't get to see it, and only saw highlights and read about it.
        I haven't seen or heard of the box set either Zach but it does sound like a buyer for any Cubs' fan. The Kerry Wood game has to go down as the greatest game I've ever seen in person and one of the best ever by a Cub. For me the Wood 20 goes down along the lines of The Sandberg Game (vs Cards' Sutter), both games helped build the two into Cub Giants. I'll never forget telling my parents that I was skipping school and was driving to Wrigley with a couple of friends to watch Wood's start against Houston. They didn't care because my original plan was to drive up to Montreal to watch his first start, but that didn't happen and they were happy. Instead as a family we traveled to Wrigley the week beforehand the 20K to watch him pitch against the Cards where he was awesome. So basically, my parents traded in an unsupervised visit to Quebec for a supervised visit to Wrigley and an unsupervised one with some crazy friends who made the day unforgettable. Unfortunately, I recently suffered some heartache as I lost all of my ticket stubs (all 4 stubs of the 5/6/98 game along with close to another 400+) due to the misses "cleaning up" and them ending up in the local landfill. h
        What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
        Line Drive: .356
        HBP: .342
        Non-Intentional Walk: .315
        Intentional Walk: .176
        Outfield Fly: .035
        Groundball: -.101
        Bunts: -.103
        Infield Fly: -.243
        Strikeout: -.287
        It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
          I haven't seen or heard of the box set either Zach but it does sound like a buyer for any Cubs' fan. The Kerry Wood game has to go down as the greatest game I've ever seen in person and one of the best ever by a Cub. For me the Wood 20 goes down along the lines of The Sandberg Game (vs Cards' Sutter), both games helped build the two into Cub Giants. I'll never forget telling my parents that I was skipping school and was driving to Wrigley with a couple of friends to watch Wood's start against Houston. They didn't care because my original plan was to drive up to Montreal to watch his first start, but that didn't happen and they were happy. Instead as a family we traveled to Wrigley the week beforehand the 20K to watch him pitch against the Cards where he was awesome. So basically, my parents traded in an unsupervised visit to Quebec for a supervised visit to Wrigley and an unsupervised one with some crazy friends who made the day unforgettable. Unfortunately, I recently suffered some heartache as I lost all of my ticket stubs (all 4 stubs of the 5/6/98 game along with close to another 400+) due to the misses "cleaning up" and them ending up in the local landfill. h
          my mom got it for me for my birthday. its got some good games, and i can live with the games they included. unfortunately for cubs fans there wasnt much going on after 89 and before 98

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
            I haven't seen or heard of the box set either Zach but it does sound like a buyer for any Cubs' fan. The Kerry Wood game has to go down as the greatest game I've ever seen in person and one of the best ever by a Cub. For me the Wood 20 goes down along the lines of The Sandberg Game (vs Cards' Sutter), both games helped build the two into Cub Giants. I'll never forget telling my parents that I was skipping school and was driving to Wrigley with a couple of friends to watch Wood's start against Houston. They didn't care because my original plan was to drive up to Montreal to watch his first start, but that didn't happen and they were happy. Instead as a family we traveled to Wrigley the week beforehand the 20K to watch him pitch against the Cards where he was awesome. So basically, my parents traded in an unsupervised visit to Quebec for a supervised visit to Wrigley and an unsupervised one with some crazy friends who made the day unforgettable. Unfortunately, I recently suffered some heartache as I lost all of my ticket stubs (all 4 stubs of the 5/6/98 game along with close to another 400+) due to the misses "cleaning up" and them ending up in the local landfill. h

            Too bad about the stubs. Sounds like you didn't go to that many games (at least compared to a season ticketholder) at Wrigley and for this to be one of them is pretty awesome.

            I must be getting old, because I tacked on 1 extra K to Kerry's game. Someday, I'll be telling my grandchildren about Wood's 30K performance in 10 innings.
            To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
              Someday, I'll be telling my grandchildren about Wood's 30K performance in 10 innings.
              So Wood-like pitching with Clement-like run support?
              Senior Editor/Featured Writer for Home Of The Chiefs

              Comment


              • #8
                haha that reminds me of Bob Brenly and his stories how simple plays will turn into huge amazing superhuman plays when they become old...most notably Ted Lillys first rbi...today its a bunt attempt with bases loaded, yet, in 20 years it will be a rocket line drive down the right field line off of Johan Santana with him just barely diving safely into 3rd lol. I love when he does that!
                "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                -Rogers Hornsby-

                "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                -Rogers Hornsby-

                Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cubsfan97 View Post
                  haha that reminds me of Bob Brenly and his stories how simple plays will turn into huge amazing superhuman plays when they become old...most notably Ted Lillys first rbi...today its a bunt attempt with bases loaded, yet, in 20 years it will be a rocket line drive down the right field line off of Johan Santana with him just barely diving safely into 3rd lol. I love when he does that!
                  That may be the only funny/intelligent/not annoying thing Bob has ever said in the booth.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You dont like Bob? I thought he is great in the booth. Hesa great cmmentator in my opinion.
                    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                    -Rogers Hornsby-

                    "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                    -Rogers Hornsby-

                    Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm sure my fastball from my little league days wasn't really as fast as I remember, and my slider didn't actually break as much as I remember. In my defense though, I did make the local all-star team, so I didn't totally suck for my age group. Plus, I threw side-arm, which really annoyed hitters.
                      To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X