Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article on Elia's classic rant

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Article on Elia's classic rant

    Folks, don't try this at work (it was sort of surprising he didn't get fired on the spot):

    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

    Gotta be one of the top freak outs by a manager.
    Last edited by Scartissue; 04-27-2008, 05:03 AM.
    To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
    Folks, don't try this at work (it was sort of surprising he didn't get fired on the spot):

    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

    Gotta be one of the top freak outs by a manager.
    he was also right to go off. and he was also close to those making the decisions.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
      he was also right to go off. and he was also close to those making the decisions.
      I didn't have a problem with it, and found it amusing. I'm just saying it's not a good career move to blast your employer's customers in the way he did it. The fans he was referring to were out of line.
      To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
        http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

        Gotta be one of the top freak outs by a manager.
        Always been my favorite. More eloquent and insightful than any of Lasorda's notorious cuss filled tirades.

        I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say this will never be matched in today's game with it's more button down, face of the corporation type managers.

        I'm curious, how is Elia remembered by modern, employed, Cub fans ? Hated ? Folk hero ? No clue who he is ?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
          Always been my favorite. More eloquent and insightful than any of Lasorda's notorious cuss filled tirades.

          I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say this will never be matched in today's game with it's more button down, face of the corporation type managers.

          I'm curious, how is Elia remembered by modern, employed, Cub fans ? Hated ? Folk hero ? No clue who he is ?
          I didn't follow baseball as closely during his 2 years, but every time I hear his name, it makes me smile.
          To offset some of the pain of being a diehard Cubs fan, I've learned to also be a moderate Yankees fan.

          Comment


          • #6
            Lee Elia Tirade - Chicago Cubs - 4/29/83

            Originally posted by Scartissue View Post
            Folks, don't try this at work (it was sort of surprising he didn't get fired on the spot):

            http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

            Gotta be one of the top freak outs by a manager.
            __________________________________________________ _________
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=uv23pqH9iG0

            Comment

            Ad Widget

            Collapse
            Working...
            X