Rotation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotation?

So, how does the rotation look like for the Cubs??

Mark Prior should be ready for the home opener right?

So, Zambrano and Maddux in Cincinatti, then Prior, Hill and Williams at home i assume?

Wood to be back by mid-april right?

I'll be honest, i've been stuck in western ny all winter and this area is buzzing on the Buffalo Sabres, so i havn't been fallowing much baseball. Just quick news briefs here and there. Is that an accurate starting rotation for the start of the season?

Also, is anyone close to beating out Williams? Rusch? Guzman?
    Impossible is Nothing.

From what I've heard, it sounds like it'll be Zambrano and Prior in Cincy. That means Maddux will probably start the home opener.

Comment

I assume Rusch will be in the rotation to start the season, not Hill. I'd love to be wrong and see Guzman grab a spot in the rotation, but I can't imagine there's any way he will right out of ST, regardless of how well he does.

Z
      Prior
      Maddux
      Williams
      Rusch

Miller sometime later
      Wood in August or never
      beware of the censorship police

Comment

Z
        Prior
        Maddux

and a choice between
        Rusch
        Williams
        Guzman
        Hill(least likely)

Miller and Wood both mid-May

Comment

The Cubs won't need the fifth starter until the April 17th-18th-19th series against the Dodgers (likely the 18th) when they play 9 straight games. And that's the only day during the month that a fifth man is needed.

Zambrano, Prior and Maddux are givens for the first three starters, it's the fourth spot that's kind of up for grabs. But it's Rusch's to lose, he's no longer required to be in the pen, and he's had pretty good success in the rotation. In his two years starting games for the Cubs, he's started 35 games with an 11-9 record, going 209 IP, giving up 218 hits, 91 earned runs, 19 hrs, 55 bb, 149 k. That's a 3.92 ERA, 1.31 WHIP, .273 BAA.

Williams would really have to shine the rest of Spring in order to take that last spot from Glendon. And in order for Guzman to take that fourth spot, Williams and Rusch have to bottom out. Hill really doesn't have too much of a shot for the fourth role. But Guzman and Hill should be able to give Williams a run for his money in that fifth man spot that will be needed once or twice in April and most of May as Wood and Miller rehab.
          What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
          Line Drive: .356
          HBP: .342
          Non-Intentional Walk: .315
          Intentional Walk: .176
          Outfield Fly: .035
          Groundball: -.101
          Bunts: -.103
          Infield Fly: -.243
          Strikeout: -.287
          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento
            The Cubs won't need the fifth starter until the April 17th-18th-19th series against the Dodgers (likely the 18th) when they play 9 straight games. And that's the only day during the month that a fifth man is needed.

Zambrano, Prior and Maddux are givens for the first three starters, it's the fourth spot that's kind of up for grabs. But it's Rusch's to lose, he's no longer required to be in the pen, and he's had pretty good success in the rotation. In his two years starting games for the Cubs, he's started 35 games with an 11-9 record, going 209 IP, giving up 218 hits, 91 earned runs, 19 hrs, 55 bb, 149 k. That's a 3.92 ERA, 1.31 WHIP, .273 BAA.

Williams would really have to shine the rest of Spring in order to take that last spot from Glendon. And in order for Guzman to take that fourth spot, Williams and Rusch have to bottom out. Hill really doesn't have too much of a shot for the fourth role. But Guzman and Hill should be able to give Williams a run for his money in that fifth man spot that will be needed once or twice in April and most of May as Wood and Miller rehab.
            Nice, thanks for the info. Exactly what i was looking for!!!
            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X