Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLee hits another homer...

in the top of the 1st.

Derrek hit a 2 run jack to put team USA up 4-0 in the 1st inning.

BELIEVE

Derrek's 2nd at bat...

2 run double in the 2nd inning..

9-0 USA.

Barrett grounded out in his first at bat...
    BELIEVE

Comment

Barrett gets the first out and the last out of the 2nd inning..
      BELIEVE

Comment

wow what a game.... lol South Africa's look lost, even on regular pop ups.

This game has mercy rule written all over it. lol
        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

17-0 game over after 5 innings...

Derrek had a great day...

Top of the 1st - 2 run homer - http://www.cubshub.com/001.mp3 (Barry Bonds added a bit of a prediction on this audio)

Top of 2nd - 2 run double - http://www.cubshub.com/002.mp3

Top of 3rd - Hit by Pitch - http://www.cubshub.com/001.mpg (Steve Stone calling it like it is on this movie.)

ScreenShot
          Last edited by RBi; 03-10-2006, 03:37 PM.
          BELIEVE

Comment

lol what a game this was. I watched it on mlb.tv. My favorite part was when they interviewed the South Africa coach and he talked about when he went to take out the starting pitcher out of the game, the catcher goes to the manager "coach, no matter who we bring it, we can pitch inside, outside, it doesn't matter, they just keep on hitting it," and the coach looks at the catcher and says "I know son, these are the best of the best, future hall of famers, but we did good."

very touching.

lol

Glad usa is out of round 1, but round 2 will be very interesting. Japan, Korea, USA and Mexico. Mexican gave US problems in the opener, we just beat them 2-0 on 2 hits, and even baseball reporters thought Mexico played the better game, but they couldn't hit our pitchers and couldn't stop those 2 hits.

Peavy vs. Korea.
            Willis vs. Japan.
            Roger vs. Mexico.

USA USA USA!!!
            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Lees at it again

I thought last year was amazing for Lee. But I'm even more exited to see what he does this year. Do you think he will have a year as good as last year?
              Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZR56664
                I thought last year was amazing for Lee. But I'm even more exited to see what he does this year. Do you think he will have a year as good as last year?
                No, I don't see him replicating his monster 2005 (one of the best in the last decade) but he's going to outproduce what he did in 2003-2004. So something like 40 hrs, and a line of .300/.400/.580/.980, great numbers but not the 46 hrs and .335/.418/.662/1.080. The hardest part for him is keeping that slugging percentage above .600, let alone over .650. Before 2005, Derrek never had a slugging percentage above .510.
                What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                Line Drive: .356
                HBP: .342
                Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                Intentional Walk: .176
                Outfield Fly: .035
                Groundball: -.101
                Bunts: -.103
                Infield Fly: -.243
                Strikeout: -.287
                It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Any chance that 2005 was a fluke, kinda like Beltres 2004? I hope not
                  "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                  -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                  -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Not likely a fluke. Lee has improved every year he's been in the league. And, for the record, Beltre is kicking some major butt right now too. A lot of players struggle their first time in a new league/city....
                    (Renteria is a prime example)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X