Cubs Acquire Freddy Bynum from Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs Acquire Freddy Bynum from Texas

Cubs acquired infielder-outfielder Freddie Bynum from the Rangers for LHP John Koronka and a player to be named.
    Bynum will be the last man on the Cubs' bench, booting Ryan Theriot back to Triple-A. He can play throughout the outfield and both middle-infield spots, and he'll get on base once in a while, which will serve to differentiate him from Jose Macias. He's not someone who figures to have any fantasy value at all, but it looks like a good trade for Jim Hendry. Mar. 31 - 8:43 pm et
    wow-props from rotoworld...must be a good move, they historically bash every move we make

bynum was with the a's and was out of options...this is how he got to Texas

Rangers acquired LHP John Rheinecker and infielder Freddie Bynum from the Athletics for RHP Juan Dominguez.
    Rheinecker was used as a reliever this spring, giving up six runs in 8 1/3 innings, so we doubt that he'll be a candidate to fill in for Adam Eaton. He's a reasonable prospect, one who could experience some success in middle relief before season's end. The Rangers would have been better off taking their chances with Dominguez. Mar. 31 - 8:44 pm et

sounds like hendry had this all planned out, didn't take long for the second trade to come...2nd AAAA pitcher we sent away to Texas this offseason(Leicester, Koronka)...now the bench is set w/ Mabry, Pagan, Neifi, Blanco, Bynum and likely Walker

eh, we didnt need koronka, and i dont care for Theriot all THAT much (he needs improvement) and as you said, he can play most positions so he can be a super sub.

I can live with it. not a big trade, but it should solidify the bench.

Comment

Fantastic trade by Hendry. Remember, Koronka nearly got outright released this offseason, so it is impressive that we landed a 25-man caliber player in Bynum. I like this move a lot, and he'll be a heck of a lot better 25th man than Macias.
      EAMUS CATULI!
      AC036198

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X