No announcement yet.

2006 Game Reviews and Score Recaps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, ramirez has had his second homer in as many days. and this inning is the first in 80 innings that there have been more than 1 run scored. yikes.

still, guzman needs to have more command of the zone. he threw something like 35 pitches in the first inning.

Comment

• For those who want to know what that looked like:

0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
      BELIEVE

Comment

• Wow. We actually score more than 1 run, but we give up 6. Excellent.

Comment

• you know, the worst part of saturday were the cameras focussing on michael barrett after he hit a triple and his cup came out of his strap. brings a whole new meaning to wardrobe malfunction. i really didnt need to be seeing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by rockin500
            you know, the worst part of saturday were the cameras focussing on michael barrett after he hit a triple and his cup came out of his strap. brings a whole new meaning to wardrobe malfunction. i really didnt need to be seeing that.
            BELIEVE

Comment

• I just thought he was taunting the pitcher...
              beware of the censorship police

Comment

• getting old

okay, this is really getting old. they need to stop hitting into so many double plays. That is why they can't score. I heard that out of the last 45 baserunners 42 have been stranded. That is absolutely pathetic.
                Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

• already down 2-0. and pierre already made one throwing mistake by airmailing the cutoff man.

at least aramis seems to be picking it up. he hit a double. and then promptly stranded.

Comment

• well sorry to say-but this game maddux has looked awful, leaving pitches everywhere up in the zone

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhitenblue
                      well sorry to say-but this game maddux has looked awful, leaving pitches everywhere up in the zone
                      He's allowed a bad start, isn't he? I know this makes 2 in a row, but Maddux has never pitched well in Arizona. That was to be expected. Let's wait and see how he does in his next start.

Comment

• Originally posted by otis89
                        He's allowed a bad start, isn't he? I know this makes 2 in a row, but Maddux has never pitched well in Arizona. That was to be expected. Let's wait and see how he does in his next start.
                        there were also a number of broken bat and bloop hits in the first 3 innings.

Comment

• Originally posted by rockin500
                          there were also a number of broken bat and bloop hits in the first 3 innings.
                          i can remember 2...3 maybe max...a lot were hit well

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhitenblue
                            i can remember 2...3 maybe max...a lot were hit well
                            and at least one of them drove in runs. I'm not painting a rosy picture here. maddux gave up 7 runs. it is what it is. And I'm sure he'll be the first to tell you that he needs to be better.

but its on to a new series and hopefully the cubs can get off the schneid. Of course, that all presupposes that rich hill stops with the batting practice fastballs.

Comment

• 1-1 after one inning. bonds walked.

barrett just crushed a homer. cubs hitters only saw 6 pitches in the first inning.

Comment

• Juan Pierre robbed Bonds' 714th? I didn't catch the TV but heard it on the radio.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X